Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommended Hardware For Optimal Practiscore Use?

RolexJohn

On 11/23/2016 at 3:40 PM, euxx said:

Sure, sure... Let me assure you, most big apps you have installed are doing that. But this is how we get early reports on app failures and crashes, all anonymous. In the past, some of the crashes were fixed even before users emailed to us. We switched to automated reporting after number of devices didn't have email or any other apps configured or even installed. Aggregation by device type is just a free metric.

Umm...., most app installs specifically ASK the user if they want the program to automatically send vendor information like that to the vendor. 

Let's play your game. Show me a specific android or ios app that asks for that when being installed. And then give me an example of a recently updated android app that you believe doesn't send an anonymized stats to Google or to its developer. I will be very interested to learn.

I use Nooks with an Ipad master but as or when the Nooks die we are thinking about replaceing them with Kendal fires or Ipad minis..

I have run a couple tests with a standard fire and they worked fine, easier to read than the mini, not sure about battery life but a hand warmer should help in colder temps. 

• 3 weeks later...
Just tossing out an additional possibility that caught my eye as it was from B&N and made me wonder about the future of their e-ink devices. Nothing else implied or inferred, and you don't have to mess with the android developer stuff to get the app onto it. Happy Thanksgiving!

Some reading if someone were considering to buy B&N tablet.
http://m.linuxjournal.com/content/adups-android-malware-infects-barnes-noble?page=0,0

• 4 weeks later...