Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun choice for do all

Stiven

Want to pickup a semi to do everything

skeet/ 3 gun/ plinking/ trap etc.

want something low maint. I don't like to clean things very much.

Looking at the Stoeger m3000, Rem 11-87 and Mossberg 930. I know the Stoeger is inertia and will run cleaner but then again it will have more recoil.

Ive read the entire stoeger thread and had a lot of good detail. one thing though is long term reliability? I know three gun guys beat on their equipment so if the gun can hold up to that then it will serve me just fine.

Benelli M1 or M2. I have had the stoeger, Versamax, Remington 1100 and the Mossberg. The Benelli is most reliable, stays pretty clean and the recoil difference is minor. The Benelli will also run pretty much any load you put through it. Not a fanboy, just been down this road already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea but all the ones ive listed are in the mid price range. unless someplace has a good black Friday deal.

I can always wait seeing as how the election is over and theres not a panic going on.

Edited by Stiven

Local shop has two in 24 and 28in VR, for 500$. I got an old savage im going to throw at them for a trade in.

I checked over for the black Friday deals, dicks is like 40$ off 400-600$ guns and cabelas has nothing good but I have some gift cards. Again 499$ for the cost, so is it worth it to drive 100 miles to cabelas to buy it? prob not. I might try and see if I can have dicks order one so they have it in stock on black Friday.

Local shop has two in 24 and 28in VR, for 500$. I got an old savage im going to throw at them for a trade in.

I checked over for the black Friday deals, dicks is like 40$ off 400-600$ guns and cabelas has nothing good but I have some gift cards. Again 499$ for the cost, so is it worth it to drive 100 miles to cabelas to buy it? prob not. I might try and see if I can have dicks order one so they have it in stock on black Friday.

Which gun

Go for it, you won't be disappointed. If you plan to run it in 3 gun with a 12 round tube, then barrel length won't really matter. I run my M1 with a 28" barrel and 12 round tube.

I run a Stoeger M3K that was tuned up and modified by MOA and it works very well. Just change out different length tubes and it would work for everything that you listed. Even after MOA doing their work on it I think that I am still into it for less than a stock M2..

Of the guns you have listed the Stoeger would be the best choice and I would get the M3K variant.  26" guns do pattern a little better supposedly if you don't buy the M3K.

I have been shooting 3 gun for 3 years now.  I see a lot of the JM 930's have problems.  I don't see any 1187's but some Versa Max's.

The M2 is the best choice if you can swing it.