Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My switch from plastic to Tanfo

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be well into A class if I hadn't switched.

I have only dryfired with it perhaps 4 times total, and so it still feels like I'm trying to run a foot race wearing someone else's shoes.

It doesn't fit, yet.

The hits are great. I shot 16A 2C on the classifier in that video. Accuracy isn't my issue. Gunhandling is simply very sub-par.

Seeing how close I am to A class is motivating though! 0.2 off of each draw and 0.5 off of the horrible mag change would have put me at 80% ... and I'd be an A right now.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda, right? ;) 

Seeing this makes me want to learn to draw and load this gun as agessively as I could the M&P.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Nonfactor.

I'm after GM.

Being the best of some skill level in the middle of the pack is intensely unappealing to me. I've never understood wanting to hang back in classification so that, what, I can win a gun somewhere possibly?

Self-improvement is a bit of a fetish for me. Having to write a "B" next to my name on scoresheet makes me cringe, and I'm gonna be ashamed of my classification until it has an M in it.

Dunno why you USPSA guys are so in to classifications and making A,M,GM. In IPSC we just care about the overall result. On major matches you want to win or at least place 2nd 3rd, on more local stuff the goal is to win combined right, putting those open shooters behind you. :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

I've seen too many guys who shoot GM classifiers and B class matches.

I actually haven't met one yet. I always see lots of comments about it online, but weaving through a field course has proven a lot easier to learn than crushing stand & shoot scenarios, cold, on demand.

I know a lot of guys who are often in contention for a match win, yet can't classify their way out of B-class to save their lives.

I'm one of them.

4 minutes ago, tedahlenius85 said:

Dunno why you USPSA guys are so in to classifications and making A,M,GM. In IPSC we just care about the overall result. On major matches you want to win or at least place 2nd 3rd, on more local stuff the goal is to win combined right, putting those open shooters behind you. :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

This is always my goal. I couldn't care less about a letter on my card. 

33 minutes ago, taxil343 said:

This is always my goal. I couldn't care less about a letter on my card. 

I, for one, can't wait to move out of C into B.  I face certain limitations to my improvement, including the reality that I'm not that talented of a shooter.  But eventually I'll improve, little by little.  And I'll be elated when my card says "B". 

43 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

I, for one, can't wait to move out of C into B.  I face certain limitations to my improvement, including the reality that I'm not that talented of a shooter.  But eventually I'll improve, little by little.  And I'll be elated when my card says "B". 

You and me both.

I seem to run some field courses half way decent, but classifiers freak my brain. I'll either figure it out...or learn to love life as a schlub.

A few rare ones can do neither!  I am such a rare person.

It's like my mamma used to say, "son, you might be slow and dumb   .... but you aren't good looking"

7 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

It's funny some guys can shoot classifiers..... some guys can shoot field courses.

17 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

It's funny some guys can shoot classifiers..... some guys can shoot field courses.

You keep saying this, and I'm sure they're out there. However, I know plenty of Bs who shoot M class times on field courses, yet not a single guy with an M class standing draw and load who shoots B-class field courses.

By the time guys have gotten an M/GM card, their movement and stage plans aren't exactly weak spots.

Memphis - 

8 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I'd be well into A class if I hadn't switched.

I have only dryfired with it perhaps 4 times total, and so it still feels like I'm trying to run a foot race wearing someone else's shoes.

It doesn't fit, yet.

The hits are great. I shot 16A 2C on the classifier in that video. Accuracy isn't my issue. Gunhandling is simply very sub-par.

Seeing how close I am to A class is motivating though! 0.2 off of each draw and 0.5 off of the horrible mag change would have put me at 80% ... and I'd be an A right now.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda, right? ;) 

Seeing this makes me want to learn to draw and load this gun as agessively as I could the M&P.

You ain't the only one.  The big tank is definitely harder to get out of the holster and on target as fast as a plastic gun.

But the 25 yard shooting is dreamy.  Yes I said dreamy.