Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta point pro mount issue. Please help

Dwampler22

32 minutes ago, shooterDrew said:

Another update... shim did nothing. Went out to zero the optic today and was hitting as high or higher than before... aaahhhh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you put it on the correct direction? I don't know what the shim looks like, but could that be possible?

Did you put it on the correct direction? I don't know what the shim looks like, but could that be possible?

I went full retard. After thinking about this the rest of the day I swapped it and reversed the shim and went out back and woke up the neighbors. Sure enough the shim is now doing what it's supposed to and looks like I'll have plenty of room in adjustment to zero. Whew, being dense can really make an easy task difficult.

On 12/4/2016 at 0:05 PM, shooterDrew said:

Another update... shim did nothing. Went out to zero the optic today and was hitting as high or higher than before... aaahhhh.

Shims should work as they should counter the angle, it sounds like you got a heck of an angle on that mount. Can you double them up? 

*Didn't read the last post. It seems like you got it figured out. Excellent!

Edited by abb1

Shims should work as they should counter the angle, it sounds like you got a heck of an angle on that mount. Can you double them up? 

As with most issues it was user error. I incorrectly installed the shim initially. When properly installed it did in fact correct the issue and my gun is now zeroed with room to spare on adjustments in either direction. Sorry for confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

One further issue I encountered (this one not totally my fault).... the screws provided with the jp shims were an incorrect diameter. They were very close and allowed themselves to be threaded on, but a few Range sessions later I found the optic completely loose and rattling from the mount. I ended up going to a local fastenal and they ordered me the correct sized / length screw based on the original screws diameter and the new length that I needed. THIS finally appears to be the complete resolution to my issue. Shims worked, but needed an 18mm length screw in the original mount hardware size- m4 .7 according to fastenal. Whew. Glad this is done.