Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta point pro mount issue. Please help

Dwampler22

I currently have an old 2011 open gun rebarred for 9major, I am trying to put a delta point pro on. It appears the 5 optics mounting holes drilled in the gun frame have been drilled with a degree of angle foward. I've tryed two mounts limcat and the Everglades, both have a degree of angle factored into the mount. Both shoot 6in high at 15yards and I have the delta point at the lower most setting aka no more downward adjustment. What are my other options? The cheely and the Arredondo mount also have a degree factored into the mounts.  Basically I need a mount without any degree factored in or I need to have the frame welded and new holes tapped. In the mean time I'm running a CMore with the 90degree mount.. I can make work for me but i prefer the delta point pro. Rts2 is not a rout I wana take.

Thanks guys!!!!

-David 

Can you post some pictures of what you mean, exactly?  Are you saying that the line of holes on your frame is not parallel to the bore, that they angle upward toward the muzzle?

If so, I'd say your two options would be getting a blank mount (with no holes) and drilling or having them drilled to your specs or it might be better to have the holes in your frame welded up and re-drilled and tapped correctly.

21 minutes ago, TennJeep1618 said:

Can you post some pictures of what you mean, exactly?  Are you saying that the line of holes on your frame is not parallel to the bore, that they angle upward toward the muzzle?

If so, I'd say your two options would be getting a blank mount (with no holes) and drilling or having them drilled to your specs or it might be better to have the holes in your frame welded up and re-drilled and tapped correctly.

I'll do my best to get some pics up shortly! Currently at work! And yes the line of holes in the frame are not parallel to the barrel. Looking at the left hand side of the gun the hole closest to the top of the barrel is the lowest and the rest gradually slope up. Do u know who sells blanks?

13 minutes ago, ShadoFann said:

Give Limcat a call. They can make one for you. I had the same issue with a gun I had an old RTS mounted on.

Juilan said it said it would be a bit of a wait. 

Cheely sells blanks and any good shop should be able to fix you a mount to work.

At some point in time the standard operation changed from the one degree being put in the frame holes to being built into the mounts. Should be a straight forward fix up from a decent shop. 

I wouldn't oblong all the holes because you'll lose the self-centering clamp of the countersinks.  I think I read in another thread that the RTS2 mount works for the DPP if the locator pins are removed, but this needs to be verified.  Maybe not ideal, but I'd suggest losing locator pins before slotting all the mount holes.  Also, you should be able to recreate locator pins for the DPP if the DPP uses locators. 

Edited by theWacoKid

24 minutes ago, theWacoKid said:

I wouldn't oblong all the holes because you'll lose the self-centering clamp of the countersinks.  I think I read in another thread that the RTS2 mount works for the DPP if the locator pins are removed, but this needs to be verified.  Maybe not ideal, but I'd suggest losing locator pins before slotting all the mount holes.  Also, you should be able to recreate locator pins for the DPP if the DPP uses locators. 

Remember I'm just sanwitching the mount between the frame and *thumb rest [generic]*. The *thumb rest [generic]* runs the last 4 of the 5 bolts. 

I don't use that thumb rest, but I think most people will only use 2 of the 4 holes so that you have 3 screws directly between mount and frame in the mount's countersinks.  I personally would not trust my mount to not shift with only one screw in the mount and 4 clamping through the thumb rest.  Maybe someone else can counter this though.

Edited by theWacoKid

13 minutes ago, theWacoKid said:

I don't use that thumb rest, but I think most people will only use 2 of the 4 holes so that you have 3 screws directly between mount and frame in the mount's countersinks.  I personally would not trust my mount to not shift with only one screw in the mount and 4 clamping through the thumb rest.  Maybe someone else can counter this though.

I totally feel you, it's kinda my last ditch effort lol

• 2 weeks later...

Just had this same issue and called Leupold. They directed me to JPs website. They sell 1 degree reversible shims that appear to have the same footprint of the DP. And the Leupold guy is who sent me there in the first place. I ordered some, but they're not in yet. I'll report back once I give them a try. It appears to be the fix I was looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just had this same issue and called Leupold. They directed me to JPs website. They sell 1 degree reversible shims that appear to have the same footprint of the DP. And the Leupold guy is who sent me there in the first place. I ordered some, but they're not in yet. I'll report back once I give them a try. It appears to be the fix I was looking for

Update, got the shims in.. they fit the optic and my mount.... unfortunately the screws they supplied are not long enough. So I'll be trying to find some that work. Seems like the shims will do their job and fix the zero issue