Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 msrp

rowdyb

21 hours ago, cousineddie said:

I'm debating jumping on the pre-order, and since you have first hand experience with this gun, I would like to know if the Shadow 2 have the same internal components as an SP-01 shadow?  What I mean is are the firing pin, trigger, trigger bar, hammer, hammer strut, disconnector, sear and cage, springs, etc interchangeable between shadow 2 and the older models?  Or are these guns a completely new design with all new dimensions inside and out?

I remember this thread answered your questions, but I don't remember what the answer was....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one (nitride finish) and have over 1500 rounds through it plus dryfire.  Those rounds include over 1000 in practice and 500 in USPSA and steel challenge matches.

Those concerned with the higher price tag have to look at what you are getting for the upgraded price.  This model is sold through CZ-USA there is no exclusive for any shops.  The first is Aluminum grips $85, Adjustable rear sight $45, serrated front sight $35, 15lb. main spring $4.50, 14lb recoil spring $7.50, flat safeties and extended left side safety $90, drop in short reset trigger $55.  That all adds up to $322 and that doesn't include the functional front a rear strap checkering, better slide serrations, better finish, big magazine catch button, larger grip area front to back, higher beaver tail cut, higher under trigger guard cut. 

Some big things that people don't know about the internals and things i have found when shooting it and doing a complete disassembly.  Most of the internal parts will interchange with the standard 75 series of parts that are on the original Shadow.  But the parts on the Shadow 2 are different than the parts that come in the original Shadow, they are better machined on the Shadow 2.  The magazine catch is totally different not just on the outside also on the inside, the part that holds the magazine is on the right side so there is no way to pinch the magazines in the gun when doing a magazine change and have to rip them out.  The trigger spring is entirely new and only available on the shadow 2 at this time, CZUB says it fixed the breaking issue with this new spring.  The hammer is a different shape than the Shadow hammer but the hooks are the same as the original Shadow, the comp hammer will fit into the gun and it will lower the single action trigger pull about a 1/2lb.  I think the recoil spring is 14lb. and the main spring is 15lb., both can be changed to the same as original Shadow.  The rear and front sight cuts are the same as the original Shadow, the Shadow 2 rear sight will fit the original Shadow.  The Shadow 2 uses the standard full size magazines and will be shipping with 3 like the original Shadow.

Any other questions post them (no idea about availability or when they will start showing up in the states) and i will find out the answers if I don't know the answer.

17 minutes ago, mhop said:

I have one (nitride finish) and have over 1500 rounds through it plus dryfire.  Those rounds include over 1000 in practice and 500 in USPSA and steel challenge matches.

Those concerned with the higher price tag have to look at what you are getting for the upgraded price.  This model is sold through CZ-USA there is no exclusive for any shops.  The first is Aluminum grips $85, Adjustable rear sight $45, serrated front sight $35, 15lb. main spring $4.50, 14lb recoil spring $7.50, flat safeties and extended left side safety $90, drop in short reset trigger $55.  That all adds up to $322 and that doesn't include the functional front a rear strap checkering, better slide serrations, better finish, big magazine catch button, larger grip area front to back, higher beaver tail cut, higher under trigger guard cut. 

Some big things that people don't know about the internals and things i have found when shooting it and doing a complete disassembly.  Most of the internal parts will interchange with the standard 75 series of parts that are on the original Shadow.  But the parts on the Shadow 2 are different than the parts that come in the original Shadow, they are better machined on the Shadow 2.  The magazine catch is totally different not just on the outside also on the inside, the part that holds the magazine is on the right side so there is no way to pinch the magazines in the gun when doing a magazine change and have to rip them out.  The trigger spring is entirely new and only available on the shadow 2 at this time, CZUB says it fixed the breaking issue with this new spring.  The hammer is a different shape than the Shadow hammer but the hooks are the same as the original Shadow, the comp hammer will fit into the gun and it will lower the single action trigger pull about a 1/2lb.  I think the recoil spring is 14lb. and the main spring is 15lb., both can be changed to the same as original Shadow.  The rear and front sight cuts are the same as the original Shadow, the Shadow 2 rear sight will fit the original Shadow.  The Shadow 2 uses the standard full size magazines and will be shipping with 3 like the original Shadow.

Any other questions post them (no idea about availability or when they will start showing up in the states) and i will find out the answers if I don't know the answer.

I personally can tell that the tanfo stock 2 and limited pro both shoot flatter than my shadow, do you think the shadow 2 shoots flatter and is easier to track than the original and have you been able to compare it to a stock 2 or lim pro? Thanks

Matt:

How does the grip size compare to the old Shadow?  Is it still small for big hands or did they make it larger?  How is the grip size-wise compared to a Stock 2?

Edited by LeviSS

1 hour ago, mhop said:

Thanks for the info!

14 hours ago, mhop said:

The trigger spring is entirely new and only available on the shadow 2 at this time, CZUB says it fixed the breaking issue with this new spring. 

Will this be a drop in part for existing shadows/75B's?  Pretty please say so. 

Also will the slide stop /barrel result in a longer life for the part?  

Edited by ArrDave

11 hours ago, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

I'm a little disappointed I had hoped the price would be a little more competitive with the stock iii

Surely the comparison should be with the Stock III Xtreme. Is there really much difference ?

Australian RRP;
with 2 x 10 round mags AU$1549 (US$1190)
with 4 x 10 round mags AU$1699 (US$1305)

Edited by BMaus

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:42 PM, mhop said:

I'm a bit confused as to how you can justify adding on costs for some things a gun needs. The spring costs the same regardless if it is 13# spring, or a 15# spring. So the fact that they included one ready for competition means nothing. What are they going to do, sell you a gun without springs? Same could be said for the other stuff. They already have to mill the slide and put in sights. So in reality, we should only be looking at the difference in cost for the mfg to put one sight on rather than a different one.

if the gun is $1,300 but only needs $200 worth of work to make it the same as a Shadow 1 at the same $1,500 total price point then all you are doing is taking some of the cost from the custom shop and adding it to the factory price. But if the gun is $1,300 and it still requires the $400 or more work, then I can't see much of a benefit. JMO.

you know that RD costs money right? that they spend thousands and thousands of hours going over the finest details in the drawings, optimizing things like the hole for the slide stop, the holes for the hammer, trigger, and more. Testing those ideas, until finally having the first prototypes, then taking what they learned there and refining more and more until finally (again) they had a prototype the team could take out into the wilds and play with. And even after that improvements were made. They also invested in a brand new production line with state of the art equipment, robots, cnc machines (run by the robots even), new investments in their casting and on and on and on. Those things all cost money, they need to make that money back in certain amount of time (no idea what that is) so the price point reflects that. It's not a simple thing to do what they did, however, now, going forward they will be able to these things easier and quicker thanks to the things they learned from this project. 

So yeah, I think the gun is worth the extra, but then again, it's cheaper than the Shadows I was using prior to the 2's existence, Canadian Shadomates were in the 2 grand area for us, this gun is only 1400.

As for the feel in the hand, it looks very similar but the fit is different, it's still not as natural for me to shoot one as it is a Shadow, it sits ever so slightly different and I come out to the target with the front sight high. I only at about 12,000 rounds through them, but various ones, with different grips, different sights etc, only now that I have my own will I get any consistency out of shooting one, until I head overseas again lol

Mat can you post some pics of your beast, including serial number if that doesn't weird you out. I'm curious as to what batch yours is from

On 09/11/2016 at 11:14 PM, BMaus said:

Australian RRP;
with 2 x 10 round mags AU$1549 (US$1190)
with 4 x 10 round mags AU$1699 (US$1305)

I have Shadow Australia which is similar to the Canadian Shadow Mate.

It was AU$1650 (US$1265) with 4 x 10 round mags so thanks to the Canucks for paying for the development of my gun :)

Edited by BMaus

On 11/10/2016 at 7:06 AM, slavex said:

you know that RD costs money right? that they spend thousands and thousands of hours going over the finest details in the drawings, optimizing things like the hole for the slide stop, the holes for the hammer, trigger, and more. Testing those ideas, until finally having the first prototypes, then taking what they learned there and refining more and more until finally (again) they had a prototype the team could take out into the wilds and play with. And even after that improvements were made. They also invested in a brand new production line with state of the art equipment, robots, cnc machines (run by the robots even), new investments in their casting and on and on and on. Those things all cost money, they need to make that money back in certain amount of time (no idea what that is) so the price point reflects that. It's not a simple thing to do what they did, however, now, going forward they will be able to these things easier and quicker thanks to the things they learned from this project. 

So yeah, I think the gun is worth the extra, but then again, it's cheaper than the Shadows I was using prior to the 2's existence, Canadian Shadomates were in the 2 grand area for us, this gun is only 1400.

As for the feel in the hand, it looks very similar but the fit is different, it's still not as natural for me to shoot one as it is a Shadow, it sits ever so slightly different and I come out to the target with the front sight high. I only at about 12,000 rounds through them, but various ones, with different grips, different sights etc, only now that I have my own will I get any consistency out of shooting one, until I head overseas again lol

Mat can you post some pics of your beast, including serial number if that doesn't weird you out. I'm curious as to what batch yours is from

If they are $1379 Canadian dollars then that would be 25356 Czech Koruna. The exchange rate should therefore be 1,018 USD. I think good marketing and seeking the profit of insatiable US customers is going on here and as I stated before I'll probably be sucker for it. 

6 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I don't see it on the Production list yet....

Crap I didn't even think of this since it's on the IPSC list.  Was going to come down and shoot my first match in the USA next week, looks like I better bring the original Shadow if I do.

21 hours ago, huskerlrrp said:

If they are $1379 Canadian dollars then that would be 25356 Czech Koruna. The exchange rate should therefore be 1,018 USD. I think good marketing and seeking the profit of insatiable US customers is going on here and as I stated before I'll probably be sucker for it. 

The US imposes a 10% import tariff on firearms, so that has to be added into the equation as well. 

Edited by Hooked

I have had a Shadow 2 now for over two months. First off, is it worth the money? ABSOLUTELY! To answer a question earlier regarding parts, this is a totally new gun. Some parts are interchangeable but the majority are not. Items such as springs, mag brakes can be interchanged but keep in mind that the Shadow 2's slide and barrel are longer and the frame is thicker, which accounts for its excess weight. It uses the same CZ75 magazines that the old Shadow uses, so they are interchangeable. Keep in mind that CZ has included the extended safety with the Shadow 2 as the one for the original Shadow will not fit it. This way you have your choice whether to use the flat safety or the extended safety for riding your thumb. 

Edited by abb1

Matt:

How does the grip size compare to the old Shadow?  Is it still small for big hands or did they make it larger?  How is the grip size-wise compared to a Stock 2?

I'm interested in this. The current shadow/75/sp01 series is far too small in grip circumference to accommodate my large hands.

14 hours ago, wtturn said:

I'm interested in this. The current shadow/75/sp01 series is far too small in grip circumference to accommodate my large hands.

You don't get one Tyler.  You don't need a cheater gun.  

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see just how large people's hands are that they find a regular Shadow too small for their hands. I wear XXL gloves that are too tight and even most XXXL gloves, if I can find them, are snug. (yes the XXL are ridiculously tight usually), and I have no problem with my grip. I'd also like to see what grip you are using, just curious, as again, I've seen people with even bigger hands than mine, grip these guns with zero issue. But, in the end if they really are, too small, then just get thicker grips.