Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RF 100

Mine did not need tweaking OOB. After I messed with vibration, I had to reset it. Don't touch it now. Just load and go.

I am not surprised that different primers act a little different. I had a Vibraprime that hated Winchesters and refused to load Remingtons or Fiocchis. I just use Federal and CCI now and there is no adjustment required on RF100 for those two.

This thing is priceless to me. I hate loading primers.

Edited by Brooke

• 1 month later...

My RF100 is like the adjustable seat post on my mountain bike.  I put off getting one for a long time because of the price but now that I have it I wouldn't trade it for anything.  If you're having problems with it, it's either not adjusted right or it doesn't like the primers you're using.

I bought my RF100 about 2 years ago... it ran perfect right of the box... I don't get flipped primers... maybe because my RF100 has a rheostat which is turned down so the primers just move towards the drop tube... from what I am reading some have the rheostat turned too high which caused primers to flip..   I definitely give the RF100 an A+

3 minutes ago, cecil said:

I bought my RF100 about 2 years ago... it ran perfect right of the box... I don't get flipped primers... maybe because my RF100 has a rheostat which is turned down so the primers just move towards the drop tube... from what I am reading some have the rheostat turned too high which caused primers to flip..   I definitely give the RF100 an A+

x2

I got mine last week. It worked like a charm, right out of the box.

Two things in my favor: A rock solid, and level, reloading bench, and a mouse pad under the RF-100. 

I feel that all excess vibration from the machine should be absorbed by the pad and bench, and not feed back up through it, thereby upsetting the correct frequency of vibration needed to move the primers correctly.

I always did say that, sometimes. :lol:

• 11 months later...

Mine had been flawless for 2 years but now are flipping 3-4 primers every 100.  The rheostats are all the way on lowest setting but they still agitate too much.  Will have to figure out what the deal is.  Nothing changed and I'm the only one who touches my bench so it's got me stumped.  I've only ever ran CCI primers through them.