Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ATC gold triggers for PCC??????

Worked with Rudy at Macon Armory....and for the Gold trigger and my JP triggers we tig welded a .040 "bump"(and polished it out) just where the ramp quits and levels out. I was getting about a 95% reliablity out of my JP triggers and wouldn't reset the Gold trigger at all.  After welding up a bump on the underneath portion of the bolt everything is 100%.  I do like the idea of the AR 10 hammer....might have to check in on that one.

1 hour ago, bdugger said:

Well good news, ar gold trigger runs awesome in my ar 9 build. Couldn't be happier although it has a longer reset than I was expecting

Approximately .039” (39 thousandths of an inch). The “approximately” part is due to slight variations in Safety Selector dimension and location.

Seems pretty short to me. ;)

• 4 months later...

It would be greatly appreciated...  I wanted to prototype a proof of concept with a temporary solution before a permanent fix, so I molded a reset bump with Permatex steel weld 4 minute set time, 4 hr cure... After surface prep, I was able to shape the epoxy in its elastic state (non stick to touch in approx. 6 minutes) using the side of a punch to roll it along & against the edge to create 30 degree ramp, shape with file and will need to buff surface down and finish smooth.

Let me know if I'm on the right track... approx. 0.300 width x 0.300 length x 0.040 height

20170310_211557.jpg

20170311_085457.jpg

Edited by Warsaw214
added epoxy height and new pic

Excellent.., It looks liker a much easier approach, even through I can tap the talents of my master welder neighbor. I have both a PSA and Spinta bolts to modify.  My trigger options are an Elfmann 3 gun C trigger & Timney skeletonized 3.5lb to work with for a reliable set up.  Thanks again.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have switched over in my PCCs to Taccom's Extreme bolt and have found that Tim built these with the orginial size of the .223 bolts where the hammer resets.  Most of the 9mm bolts are shallow and need to be built up as I did with my PSA bolts.  But the Taccom has the correct dimensions...SO....I found that it will reset the American Gold triggers just fine.

3 hours ago, Alvin said:

I have switched over in my PCCs to Taccom's Extreme bolt and have found that Tim built these with the orginial size of the .223 bolts where the hammer resets.  Most of the 9mm bolts are shallow and need to be built up as I did with my PSA bolts.  But the Taccom has the correct dimensions...SO....I found that it will reset the American Gold triggers just fine.

Thanks Alvin!

I'm running a JP bolt and have seen folks here (joelogic) and other places say the AR-10 version will work (reset).  The trigger is literally the last thing I need before the PCC is complete and I don't want to settle for anything else.  

I used the ATC AR15 gold trigger in my most recent PCC. It constantly would do full auto/3 round burst.  A buddy of mind says that he has used their 308 trigger and it works flawlessly.  Rumor also has it that they are working on a PCC trigger.

On 3/28/2018 at 7:51 PM, pbRex said:

Any update to the PCC version?  

I emailed ATC about a month ago and was told that the PCC version is still in testing. There is a PCC waiting list you can be added to if you want updates.

42 minutes ago, L9X25 said:

I know that variety is the spice of life, but what (other than the gold colored trigger and gold in the name) makes an AR Gold trigger worth the price and risk that it will not work in an AR9?

As someone who has primarily shot 19/2011s in competition the AR Gold take-up/reset takes the cake for me. It is the most natural feeling AR trigger I have shot. I thought the "two stage" design would throw me off but it was love at first bill drill. I should note that while I strongly prefer flat triggers in my pistols, I actually like the curved AR Gold trigger better than the flat. I imagine it has to do with my hand position and the grip that I used, but wicked splits are more repeatable for me with the curved.

I tried a handful of different 9mm bolts with a variety of the 223 AR Gold triggers in a couple different lowers and I couldn't get any of them to run. I gave up on waiting for the PCC version and ordered the SR (308) version of the AR Gold earlier this week. I am hoping it runs with my QC10 bolt, otherwise I will throw it in my AR10 and wait for the PCC version.

2 hours ago, MikeRush said:

I emailed ATC about a month ago and was told that the PCC version is still in testing. There is a PCC waiting list you can be added to if you want updates.

As someone who has primarily shot 19/2011s in competition the AR Gold take-up/reset takes the cake for me. It is the most natural feeling AR trigger I have shot. I thought the "two stage" design would throw me off but it was love at first bill drill. I should note that while I strongly prefer flat triggers in my pistols, I actually like the curved AR Gold trigger better than the flat. I imagine it has to do with my hand position and the grip that I used, but wicked splits are more repeatable for me with the curved.

I tried a handful of different 9mm bolts with a variety of the 223 AR Gold triggers in a couple different lowers and I couldn't get any of them to run. I gave up on waiting for the PCC version and ordered the SR (308) version of the AR Gold earlier this week. I am hoping it runs with my QC10 bolt, otherwise I will throw it in my AR10 and wait for the PCC version.

Is the sign up sheet for the updates on the PCC trigger on their website?

22 minutes ago, Piracy85 said:

Is the sign up sheet for the updates on the PCC trigger on their website?

Not that I am aware of. I emailed the email under the support tab at the website and received a response saying I could be added to a waitlist if I desired.