Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kydex holster workmanship

brew460

I just purchased a custom kydex holster and I question the quality of the workmanship.

My question for you guys are kydex holsters normally bumpy? I know it's just cosmetic and it doesn't mess with the function.

The holster I had before was a B3dd45a6a0e996ce476bd2e9a87d738ea.jpga2115b14902c9f69ed3402bd9b164fad.jpglade tech and I'm not sure if that's considered kydex. Quality of the workmanship seem a little bit nicer compared to my new holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello: Blade Tech make a holster for a STI 6" pistol with either a 6" or standard frame. I think I bought some from Shooters Connection. Thanks, Eric

I did see blade tech had 6" holster. I decided against it because the kydex holster has a quick disconnect.

If I'd made it myself in the garage with my minimal experience I'd call that pretty good. Or if a friend made it for me for free. As a product from a professional with a business I would be unsatisfied. So I guess it all depends on where you fall in that continuum.

There are good guys who will make you a good holster off of your donor gun. I like Rick at RLN Custom in Arkansas for things that I want a handmade touch to.

Hello: You can install a Tec-Loc on the Blade Tech if you need to remove it quickly. I have one setup that way for 3-gun. Lots of options for holsters out there. Some are better than others for sure. Thanks, Eric

I currently I'm running a blade tech holster for my 5" 2011 and like it. I have a 6" pistol being built and decided to give a different smaller holster company a try.

Hello: If you don't like it talk to the builder and see what they say. They may be able to fix it the way you want. Thanks, Eric

I just sent them a email. I'm interested to hear what they have to say.

It may not be the current fashion, but that 3D camo-bump technology breaks up the physical outline when carrying concealed at the food court or while mowing the lawn.  Sounds like a bargain when other guys whip out a smooth holster that prints and this guy gets a textured tactical holster at a normal price.

18 hours ago, brew460 said:

I cost me $100. I want to send it back.

Red Hill Tactical is my go to for custom holsters... great quality and very affordable. The owner is a regular here on the forums. I've gotten 3 different ones for my oddball handguns made by him and been extremely satisfied. http://redhilltactical.com/

Hello: If you have a Blade Tech for your 5" STI and it is for an Edge type pistol. You can heat the bottom of the holster and make it fit your 6" gun. You will have to take out the folds at the bottom. The barrel will stick out a little bit but the front sight will not hit the holster on the draw. Thanks, Eric