Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 OHIO STATE MATCH

17 minutes ago, Sarge said:

It will be better! We already have some stage ideas after watching the smaller bays being ran.

Also have a photographer lined up for next year as well. That is something we could not lock down this year.

Also have much more time to lock in sponsors. So, as good as sponsorship was I hope to get a few more prominent players involved next year.

Sounds great!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2017 at 7:40 AM, Sarge said:

It will be better! We already have some stage ideas after watching the smaller bays being ran.

Also have a photographer lined up for next year as well. That is something we could not lock down this year.

Also have much more time to lock in sponsors. So, as good as sponsorship was I hope to get a few more prominent players involved next year.

Would you possibly consider a two-day format?  12 stages in one day was a bit much. 

1 hour ago, RolexJohn said:

Would you possibly consider a two-day format?  12 stages in one day was a bit much. 

Not likely but you never know. Maybe if more than one shooter asked for it I'd consider it. But breaking 12 in half is just two club matches.

I shot 12 today at SNS400. I'm tired but still kicking. 

Everyone shooting the same number of stages in the same number of days equals the playing field so that each competitor has the same experience.  Endurance is part of our sport, especially when shooting major matches.  Otherwise, maybe we should maybe shoot it over 4 days (3 stages per day).  I like the same format for all shooters.  If 1/2 day format is used, it should apply to all shooters, not only a subset.  

• 2 weeks later...

Most 3 Gun matches are over 2 and sometimes 3 days.  If I wanted to test my endurance, I'd go run a marathon.  I want to test my shooting skills. 

The 1/2 day format also lends itself to being able to run side matches which is great fun and allows more revenue generation for the club.  USPSA is going to being doing more with shotgun and rifle.  Shotgun side match anyone?  That would be big fun.