Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

floating trigger pin

wingnut

8 minutes ago, wingnut said:

CGW floating trigger pin where does the roll pin go?

I think the roll pin is for the trigger/return spring. It holds the spring in place. Until you get the roll pin thru the frame. 

Keep your hand hand over the top of the frame to keep it the spring from launching to the deep dark corners. Just in case it comes lose while inserting the floating pin thru. 

Edited by B_RAD

The little roll pin is used to hold the trigger return spring in place in the trigger while you set it down into the frame. 

When you push the floating trigger pin into the hole in the frame and push it on through it will push that little roll pin right out the other side of the frame.

The coils of the trigger return spring sit down in the smaller diameter center of the floating trigger pin and hold it in place.

I put one in my CZ 85 a few weeks back.  Won't know the difference until the next time I tear the frame down for some reason or other.  Then I won't have to get a punch and hammer and pound the trigger pin out of the frame to get the trigger out.

Edited by M1A4ME
trigger pin, not trigger spring

The roll pin in question is a tiny/short little roll pin used as a slave pin to hold the trigger return spring in place while you line the trigger up inside the frame.  It is so short the ends are flush with the side of the trigger itself.  The only thing holding the little/short roll pin in place is the pressure the trigger return spring puts on it once you press the spring into place in the trigger.

We just put another one in my youngest son's CZ 75 SA.  It only takes thumb pressure to push the floating trigger pin into place - unless you get it out of alignment.  If that happens it stops pushing into place.  Don't hammer/smack it, just look in there and get things lined up.  When properly aligned your thumb will push the floating trigger pin into place.

We saved the old pin as a spare/back up.

if you are studly, you can drive the pin out with a punch from one side, then feed the FTP in from the other side as you withdraw the punch, of course that's given you aren't replacing the TRS which most of the time you should.