Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine springs

jstagn

It depends on how much you shoot. I actually have data to track my experience since, unfortunately, replacement springs for my 18 round Mec-Gar Sig P226 mags are no longer available. I started experiencing double feeds and knew it was time. I looked back through my email, and found for the last three years, almost to the month, I replaced magazines.  Now I'm going to start saving the new mags ONLY for matches, and using the old ones for practice instead of putting them away. Maybe I'll get two years out of them.

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2016 at 6:45 AM, NewColonial said:

It depends on how much you shoot. I actually have data to track my experience since, unfortunately, replacement springs for my 18 round Mec-Gar Sig P226 mags are no longer available. I started experiencing double feeds and knew it was time. I looked back through my email, and found for the last three years, almost to the month, I replaced magazines.  Now I'm going to start saving the new mags ONLY for matches, and using the old ones for practice instead of putting them away. Maybe I'll get two years out of them.

SIG keeps racking up the reasons to be unlikeable. Seriously.

Have you tried warranty with MecGar or SIG? Someone should stand behind their product or at least sell a replacement.

I just need to sell my 226. it hasn't been touched in years.