Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo 1 which one

Majja

I am looking at many different options for loosing my old ass Halo sight and either going with a Sig romeo or a Cmore.  Looking at the SIg I see one for 299 for either a 1913 rail interface or a key-mod interface and then then one for 399 for the hand gun mounting kit.  Is the handgun mounting kit necessary when mounting to a RTS2 mount?

Thanks

Majja

just buy the cheaper 1913 or keymod version. the handgun kit comes with mount plates that adapt to various types of dovetail. since you'll be using a frame mount you wont need any of those pieces. you wont need the 1913 or keymod adapter either but that's the cheapest option so go with that. you just take the adapter off and mount the sight directly to your mount.

and yes, you may want to double check the mounting hole spacing on the R1. I'm not sure it's the same as R3/RTS2.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, EricG said:

Romeo 1 is supposed to have high quality glass and components the glass is supposed to be Superior  than CMORE

That may be be comparison between the RTS2 and the Romeo3. It's lens coating seems to be an improvement over the RTS2 but it is shares many of the RTS2 features. 

I have a ROMEO1. In terms of administrative/operating procedures it is, IMHO, superior to anything I've seen so far... and I've seen a lot of them. The dot is only 3 MOA, but it is very bright. I wish they would come out with a 6 to 8 MOA dot. It has sometimes been difficult for me to quickly acquire when shooting into a low sun. Beyond that I's a great sight..,.. but, SIGs Picatinny rail mount will not fit some Weaver base mounts that other Picatinny mounts will fit. I had to file open a slot on the tip-off Weaver rail on my elderly MKII to get the SIG to fit.