Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Berrys USPSA Area 1 Championship

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

i actually bought the tshirt. normally i can't stand match shirts.

i know it's not as cheap as just going to the fedex depot and shipping my ammo but i just check two bags, each of them having 3-400 rounds in them. fingers crossed i'm under the 11lbs of ammo, per bag, and on the way back i just collapse the second checked bag into the first.

i'm on a Wed/Thur squad, so I doubt I'll see any of you there. Have fun!

I was told by the airlines I'm flying on the limit was 11 lbs per passenger. We had to order ammo to shoot this match plus whatever we can check in with the airlines. Also shooting on Weds/Thurs so might see you there. 

Anyone know if there will be an open bay for function fire and to check my zero?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, HI5-O said:

I was told by the airlines I'm flying on the limit was 11 lbs per passenger. We had to order ammo to shoot this match plus whatever we can check in with the airlines. Also shooting on Weds/Thurs so might see you there. 

Anyone know if there will be an open bay for function fire and to check my zero?

Barry,

Ken said that there will be one or two bays with steel available. He had a large bay for the 2014 nationals and he declared the bay "not part of the match" if I remember correctly.

Edited by ChuckS

8 minutes ago, balmo said:

Is the squad matrix also up somewhere?

"  The range map/stage layout and matrix will be added a bit later today.  "

Ken didn't specifically state it but I am guessing you will find them in the same dropbox folder...

Assuming it's the same as we had at Berry's Steel Open, also a Ken-directed major match at same facility, the entire squad is in a relay where a shooter does the short course, then runs back to tag another, who runs up, shoots it, tags, etc.  Smaller squads have their best shooters shoot twice.  There is a table for dumping a loaded gun.  Plan ahead if a shooter is going twice, so his gun is the easiest to get back to.

Yes, it's not "fair" if your whole squad is shooting SS against a squad of PCC.  It's fun.  Get over it. :)

Edited by MAC702
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled in this evening after driving down from Idaho in the rain and snow.  Snow flurries with mixed rain from about Fillmore all the way passed Cedar City.  Actually Cedar was near white-out conditions.  Fortunately descending down into St. George was a return to blue skies and dry roads.  Looking forward to being here this week.  A ton of work has already gone into getting the stages on the ground!  

So i am looking at the schedule. the last squad is scheduled to shoot at 17:50 .  So assuming everything go to schedule the match with the one hour arb and closing ceremony it won't be over till 9 pm ?  

i have not been to SUPS for a few years. Do they have lighting and or a clubhouse? 

Edited by Sandbagger123

So i am looking at the schedule. the last squad is scheduled to shoot at 17:50 .  So assuming everything go to schedule the match with the one hour arb and closing ceremony it won't be over till 9 pm ?  

i have not been to SUPS for a few years. Do they have lighting and or a clubhouse? 

That is kind of the unfortunate thing that I saw as well. I really would have liked to attend awards but my flight is too early for that to happen. Bummer.

18 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

Like 500 bucks that I don't have!

That's because you shoot the Cadillac division. Sell those Rolls Royce blasters and come slumming down in Production with us, where $800 worth of Glock stuff can win you the title as long as you don't mind having an aneurism planning a bajillion mag changes.

Then you'll be able to travel first class anytime you like. :D:D 

(okay okay, we all know you really "need" $2K worth of Tanfoglio in Production, but play along...)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

That's because you shoot the Cadillac division. Sell those Rolls Royce blasters and come slumming down in Production with us, where $800 worth of Glock stuff can win you the title as long as you don't mind having an aneurism planning a bajillion mag changes.

Then you'll be able to travel first class anytime you like. [emoji3][emoji3] 

(okay okay, we all know you really "need" $2K worth of Tanfoglio in Production, but play along...)

Pssh I only have one space gun, and it is more like a Camaro price tag than a rolls!

Once I'm happy with where I'm at in open I'm gonna bust out the single stack and lay some skinny gun hate. Maybe next season.

On 2017-03-27 at 4:40 PM, rowdyb said:

say "hi" if you're there wed/thurs

squad 307!

Hey Rowdy.....why did you switch over to Production div for Area 1 after you just shot Optics Nationals ?....you would think you would have done pretty well sticking with the same division after just shooting a Nationals in Carry Optics