Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What does it take to convert an STI DVC from 38 super to 38 super comp

zipollini

Just tune your extractor for supercomp and you should be good to go. Or fit a new extractor and tune it for supercomp and then you'll have both. Getting your extractor to run both can be done, but is a chore. Most here will probably say put in a 9mm/38 supercomp Aftec and be done with it.

My DVC Open came out of the box setup to shoot 38 Super Comp. There was a little note in the box letting me know. I put in an Aftec Extractor and have no issues running either. My gun seems to prefer 38SC so thats what I run. 

18 minutes ago, ScottieShootz said:

Which extractor did you buy?  9/38Super comp or the 38super?

38 Super, because that is what I mostly shoot due to a deal I got on used 38S brass. I have run several hundred rounds of 9mm in practice and 38 super comp and it has all run thru the gun with no problems. I was having random FTE with the stock extractor and this cured it.

gerritm

11 hours ago, mickd1 said:

+1

Actually mine did run both right out of the box with no problems. Extractor was tuned very well. Problem was after about 1500 - 2K rounds I would have had to re-tune it as I started getting random FTE. Went to the Aftec and never looked back.

gerritm