Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GMR-13 mags setup.

I have 33 round Glock mags with Dawson basepads and the factory spring that hold 37.  Same mags with the Taylor - Freelance +10 pad and TF spring hold 41.  The Glock mags I bought have a 31 round tube and  factory +2 extension which you must remove to install the extended basepads.

oh, also, for the GMR-13, is there any sort of extended mag release for it? It take me a while to find it and that would waste a lot of time on stages with reloads especially classifiers.

I need one too, let me know if you can find one. Stock one kinda flat and heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run the Glock big stick 31 rounders with taylor bases as my primary big stick mag. for classifiers and reloads I have glock 17 oem mags with Dawson extensions (140mm) that have a little weight so they drop out nice and quick on classifiers and reload easy.

16 hours ago, CZ85Combat said:

No reloads.   get a 31 rounder add the TF+10 base pad, with 41 rounds you don't need to reload.  for classifiers get 4 OEM 17 round mags.

I disagree.  You will need to reload sooner or later in some weird stage.  Better be confident with reloads than assume they won't happen except in classifiers.

8 hours ago, DrLove said:

I disagree.  You will need to reload sooner or later in some weird stage.  Better be confident with reloads than assume they won't happen except in classifiers.

I can reload with the best of them, because I have put the time in with reloading.  Now with that said, in a long course of 32 round if you need more then 41 rounds you have other problems and the reload is the least of your worries.

I have several of the 31 round mags with +5/6 from a few different makers and a couple of the TF+10 which are great but the best mag I have is a beta.  I can load it when ever and be able to run most of a match with it.  So far it has been running for two months and I have let a few other people try it with no malfunctions.  I have been running reloads for 825 fps to 1505fps and all have run with out and issue.  I don't recommend dropping it.  

MGL921.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I put the TF +10 on an ETS and after working a bit to get the follower to pass the junction, I get 41 without issue.

I agree that I should seldom need more than the ETS 31 with a DP +5/6 Glock extension to start with 36-37, but the 41-42 is nice to have in the bag for the occasional 36rd stages with steel, etc.

• 3 months later...

31 round OEM mag with Taylor freelance +10 extension. 41 round mag easily gets you through any stage. You can run a 17 round for reloads if you really fudge up. For a cheaper route, 31 round mag with a 17 rounder with 1 reload on the stage isn't awful either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello: A couple of guys here are running the Magpul mags with base pads for there reload mags. I am using Arredondo, TTI, Dawson and a Taylor Freelance for my base pads on 17 and 31 round factory Glock mags on my homebuilt Quarter Circle 10 lower. 36-40 will get you through any stage. Thanks, Eric