Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I just bought a stock2

Nathanb

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for the first time since I bought it I actually got to get it outside and get some rounds down range. 200 rounds later it was flawless except one failure to feed which I believe was my thumb on the slide. I did see something of concern though. 

1DE480D1-5A69-4F13-AC30-D4559B365D17_zps

these made 134 power factor in my glock 34. The primers from all of them look like this the firing pin has a very distinctive mark on the primers and they are flat. Any idea what could be causing this?  Is it anything to worry about? 

I'm running the pd firing pin, spring and 13 lb hammer spring for reference. I don't know if I have an issue since these are federal primers or what but I've always been. Told flat primers is a sign of over pressure 

Thing is I can go put that exact same round in my glock 34 and it won't flatten at all. I'll go down and grab some of that brass in a minute. So if it's a pressure sign from the round why not in any gun?

load is 3.5 grains of maxam csb-5 loaded to 1.138 with a blue bullet 147 rn. 

Edited by Nathanb

I actually picked he chrono up and put it back so I don't have that piece of info but yes it is the same exact load I load for the 34. I can shoot them back to back without any load changes. I run it through a handful of other guns and not a single sign of anything funny. Now I'm perplexed as to what it could be 

Which would be indicative of what John? I pulled my barre just to see how the rounds plunked 

01918C73-40EC-44A9-A0D8-158E364CF248_zps

If I lay my caliper so it is flat across the back side of the case I get .130 to the barrel at the lowest point in the step. I thought it may be excess headspace but I'm not really sure as the headspace itself shouldn't have changed with a  ream. 

Well, if the head of the cartridge was against the breechface before and then now its actually seated in the chamber, yea that's adjusting spacing a bit rofl, form the amazing tanfo machining. Try dropping a live round 'oh the horror' in there and seeing if it is loose or something against the breechface maybe? I dunno, I'm kind of stumped myself. But I've had 2 kids projectile vomiting on me all week and have gotten no sleep. my mind is gone

Oh also what recoil spring is in this gun? Just curious if dropping the factory one in would eliminate the teardrop shape firing pin impression by giving it a few more bajillionths of a second in battery.

Can't see how that would affect the flattened  look though.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I'll try the recipe spring maybe it's unlocking too early and that's causing it but I think it may be a stretch. 

The locking lugs are clean. I did think they were getting chewed but after I wiped it off it was just dirty.