So I just bought a stock2

Nathanb

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to update my barrel is on it's way to grams 

I've got the entire thing apart now and I'm polishing everything that can be polished. Doing all the small pieces first then I'll work on slide and frame as well. 

Yes he trigger bar spring flies if you're a dumbass. 

Bit unnerving taking that thing apart it's not a glock by any stretch

da/sa was about 10.5/5.5 or so in stock config. 

One thing that has me stumped is how to get the trigger bar spring out so I can polish the plunger shaft. Is it a twist off or what?

Springs likely to get lost:

The one under the firing pin block / safety.

The spring on the trigger pivot pin

The spring AND TINY PLUNGER inside the magazine catch. (Comes loose when you pull the trigger bar plunger and spring up out of the frame.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've got this almost all the way back together now after my initial polish run but I've hit one snag. The figment of safety and sear seems to be different for me in that the safety seems to be hitting on the face of the sear leg. Has anyone ever seen that?  I don't know if I fit this wrong or not but did snap the leg on a sear spring so it's possible I'm wrong  

I did break out the trigger pull gauge gauge and was At 6lbs 3 oz average da and 3 lbs 1 oz sa. Very happy with that. That's with the pd 13 lb spring. 

I've read through your thread and all the pictures. My safety looks like it's hitting on the very tip of the sear not underneath. Like my sear is too low even though everything is in place and installed properly. Everything I've read says don't file the tip of the sear leg. Which is where mine looks like it's hitting. Of course I could be wrong too because it was a long day for me and I was tired. I'll be waiting for new sear springs before I do anything though

20 minutes ago, Nathanb said:

I've read through your thread and all the pictures. My safety looks like it's hitting on the very tip of the sear not underneath. Like my sear is too low even though everything is in place and installed properly. Everything I've read says don't file the tip of the sear leg. Which is where mine looks like it's hitting. Of course I could be wrong too because it was a long day for me and I was tired. I'll be waiting for new sear springs before I do anything though

pictures speak a thousand words........

1 hour ago, Nathanb said:

Your situation is normal.

Grind the underside of that leg (where I show in that post above) until the bump on the safety shaft can finally tuck underneath it. Like this...

Got the gun back together today and safety fitted. I finally got to the point where it was either the sear or me and got it to go. Feel a lot better about that. It's stiff but it engages. I'm going to run it for a few sessions of dry fire and try to put a few hundred rounds through it and then tear it down and polish some more. After seeing where the gun contacts in moving areas I realize the areas I need to spend more time with the blue magic. I ended up with a 6lb3 oz or so trigger in double action and a 2lb 9 oz trigger in single action

alsohave you first match of the year coming up. High of 23 and I'm thinking about going and shooting the tanfo. 

One thing I have to add is even in double action it does not feel like six pounds. It just glides and breaks. Curious to see if I can still get that down a bit but I want to see how it goes first with everything else. 

Just now, ryridesmotox said:

Blue magic makes me horny.

20170102_185429_zpsn1icrupn.jpg

Half the battle with the trigger is the smoothness of the pull and a crops consistent break. I don't mind a heavy trigger if it has a good break

nice!!!!

31 minutes ago, ryridesmotox said:

Blue magic makes me horny.

20170102_185429_zpsn1icrupn.jpg

Half the battle with the trigger is the smoothness of the pull and a crops consistent break. I don't mind a heavy trigger if it has a good break

I'll buy those from you!  

4 minutes ago, ryridesmotox said:

Send me yours and postage for the return trip... I'll polish em and send em back.

Man, that's an awesome offer. Thanks!  I'm gonna make another go at them this weekend. 

Not sure they'll turn out as good as yours.. I'll probably regret not taking you up on that offer!  

1 hour ago, ryridesmotox said:

Blue magic makes me horny. Half the battle with the trigger is the smoothness of the pull and a crops consistent break. I don't mind a heavy trigger if it has a good break

I just stuck my gun back together after 4 more hours of work on it. "Wet chrome" polished some places I'd merey rubbed the black off of, before. I lost 9oz of DA pull and I'm down to an honest 5.5lb average now.

I'm convinced switching from Flitz to Blue Magic definitely helped.

Hell, it let me polish up the GF's high end stainless steel pans until scrambled eggs don't have a hope of sticking anymore...

23 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I just stuck my gun back together after 4 more hours of work on it. "Wet chrome" polished some places I'd merey rubbed the black off of, before. I lost 9oz of DA pull and I'm down to an honest 5.5lb average now.

I'm convinced switching from Flitz to Blue Magic definitely helped.

Hell, it let me polish up the GF's high end stainless steel pans until scrambled eggs don't have a hope of sticking anymore...

Aren't you using a 14lb hammer spring?  I've done a pretty darn good polish job and I can't get my 12lb trigger job under 5lb 9oz. 

1 hour ago, MissionaryMike said:

Aren't you using a 14lb hammer spring?  I've done a pretty darn good polish job and I can't get my 12lb trigger job under 5lb 9oz. 

Mine is 5lb 8.9oz, so ours match. (That's roughly 5.5ish pounds)

IMO, you're done.

It's time for us both to learn to shoot the sucker like a boss. The difference between my DA pull and @ryridesmotox's is a quarter of a pound.

You can't feel that. Put the dremel down and load some ammo.

EDIT: damn. Just now noticed you're running less hammer spring. Meh. Shoot thing a bunch them look for where it might be rubbing!

Exactly.

My "opinion" is the Patriot Defense parts, a bucket of blue magic and some friction will transform these crude guns into wonderful triggers only seen on VERY expensive custom guns. And the PD parts allow normal types to do it flowing simple directions. All that was so we can shoot them more. More often. More accurately. More enjoyably. And score more points because we will be practicing more.

In the not too distant past, these results were nearly unheard of even from top notch smiths... now about anyone can get them WITH 100% IGNITION RELIABILITY. Pretty amazing stuff -- hats off to the creative folks at Patriot Defense.