Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I just bought a stock2

Nathanb

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

working on my gun makes me want to practice more. That's probably why I change things around from time to time. Helps renew interest.

Exactly. Switching to Tanfo hurt my matches for a few months. Hell, I still can't attack hoser stages the way I did with the M&P without trigger freeze...

But it really really made me want to dryfire like mad and get better.

New toys are more fun to play with.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

I've seen a metric ton of improvement with only 4 months of poorly directed dryfire from a spastic new shooter to B class. I want everyone to do well, however, everyone's goals are different. With some time in dryfire, it might take a while, you will learn to reload the Tanfo like a possessed mad man.

How come it says "U" for your class?

13 hours ago, waktasz said:

working on my gun makes me want to practice more. That's probably why I change things around from time to time. Helps renew interest.

For example...swapped out the green fiber I've been using for years and went back to red for now

You make mistake!

1 hour ago, SCTaylor said:

@MemphisMechanic Yup,  A96791  61.1030% not to shabby for joining in May 2016 with 6 matches under my belt.

For being so new, that's not bad at all!

I know two guys who made it to M within one year of their first match, but both of them were absolutely addicted to dryfire and live fire practice...

...But most guys meander around in C class for the first few years. You're well ahead of average.

Personally, after three years off from shooting, my own goal is to make M in 2017.  That equates to an 11% improvement and buying the Tanfo was part of my desire for a fresh reboot.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm closing in on the 1k round mark and I've had two light strikes both in double action. One was a wolf the other a federal as high as snoop dogg. Both went bang on pull 2. 

My eary observations are that my accuracy is greatly improved at this point but I'm a bit slower. Heavier gun and relatively new so I think that's normal. It's still too cold out to really work on reloads and running etc with six inches of snow on the ground yet. Curious to see if the accuracy counteracts the tenths im slower on the draw etc. 

Double action takes some getting used to for sure but overall not bad. It's very obvious on a first shot on a long target where that slight twitch can mean a c instead of an a. 

Reloading sucks. I'm getting better though.

very happy I made the switch. It made training fun again and a hopped up tanfo is as good as it comes for production. 

So far your experience tracks with the rest of us who have switched. Draws. Loads. DA shots from the holster on tight partials...

I'll be interested to see if you find you have trigger-freeze issues in matches during close "hosing" shooting on multiple targets, once match season rolls around.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Yep pretty much on par. The short reset throws me a bit and I can see exactly what you're saying about the trigger freeze. I think I'm a better shooter with it than without. Being able to go twenty for twenty at 25 yards is something I could never do with my 34

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like I'm ready for the season to start up here

3255D3EE-5A0A-409D-B17F-A52CC73F51FF_zps

ive got my gun all tuned up and belt all set up. Decided I better do something about the base pads before they get busted up so picked up some Hennings. This is the first gun I felt that the basepads help on the reloads. I've found that for me reloading lower and more horizontal also improves my reloads. I've gone from in front of my face to about chest high. I tend to fumble my angle less

I'm the match director so during matches I don't really get much time to reload so I make sure I have enough mags to get through a match with minimal reloading. 

Allow me me to introduce you to the northeast. In march. 

1A2E1D38-E95A-4167-94D5-27868A99BEDC_zps

7 hours ago, IronArcher said:

46810010d1ea24ad915ab5acfd62881c.png

2 seasons. Indoor, and outdoor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe for you "rich" folk ! 

We love winter when we can push the snow into a berm and use it to gently catch bullets. Coated can go 3-4 shots, fmj can go 8-12 shots. Makes shooting way more economical!

But, dang... it's warming up and soon the bullets will only fly once, then into a dirt berm. :(