Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need STI grip, magwell, trigger & release - who to use?

IrishPsych

My Brownells tool delivery with beaver tail, ambi safety and other parts arrive late this week. I hope to start this weekend. 

I still need a grip, magwell, mag catch and button, and trigger. It's insane how $$$ a 2011 is but I'm in Cali and need to build it so my options are limited. 

How's the EGW Magwell? I'm likely going with a extreemshooter small grip as I have smaller hands. Would a Sti short trigger be fine or the SVI with inserts? 

That grip is $180 alone! Damn! A standard grip is only $50 cheaper and likely too big for my hand anyway. 

The extreme shooter grip is very nice as far as plastic grips go.  Whatever you do don't get the factory STI grip.  That thing is awful.  I personally really like the Dawson Ice magwells.  They might even be cheaper but not sure.  Also the SV trigger is sweet.  It gives you a lot of options.  Probably will require a bit more fitting than the STI one but I would say its worth it.

Gunsmith blank trigger so you can make it the length you want and more cost effective than SVI , BUT it you don't know the length SVI lets you experiment with the inserts

Dawson mag release seem to work nicer than the STI's