Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DeltaPoint Pro mounted P320

310yuma

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2016 at 8:02 PM, titandriver said:

Talked to my 'smith about mounting an RTS2 to my Rx and he said no problem so guessing it shouldn't be a problem with the DPP. Totally agree that the 3MOA dot is TINY in the Romeo 1 and durned easy to lose whilst shooting!

Did he elaborate on what would be needed to be done? More slide milling or just tap new holes in slide. 

I don't have an RTS2 to compare to the Romeo 1.

If the Romeo would get just a little bit brighter the dot size would be fine. I like the small dot.  So far the only time the dot seems to wash out in the sunlight is right now. Low winter sun just happens to be at my back at local steel matches.? If I'm spot on with my draw and transitions I can still pick the dot up. But if I'm off a little it's very hard to find. 

Until now I've had no problems shooting the Romeo 1.  If they could give me a couple more brightness settings it would be perfect for me. 

I had the 320RX and a regular 320 and thought about having him mill the RX for the RTS2, but in the end I sold the RX and had him mill my other 320 for the RTS2. I believe the RTS2 is a tad longer than the Romeo 1 but I had already sold the RX before the RTS2 came in so I couldn't compare. 

There is a HUGE difference in the 6MOA dot - due to brightness mostly - when comparing to the 3MOA on the Romeo 1 and the 6MOA is just not as big as you'd think given it's double the size. No way would I ever go back to a 3MOA dot!

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2016 at 9:04 PM, Garmil said:

Max Michel has been shooting his with a rts2.

most of the guys using the deltapoint pro have been Going with the 2.5 moa, brightness makes up for size.

Brightness does make a difference.