Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 3 has poly rifling

Picked the S-III up (finally!) from my FFL tonight. In checking things over I noticed something. Everything I read on here led me to expect conventional rifling...

Not so much. Huh.

Well... no cheap improperly-sized bullets for me. Good thing I shoot hitek coated ones from BBI.

Did they switch at some point?

IMG_7242.JPG

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Interesting!  Are you planning on documenting the result of each modification?  I'd suggest polishing first and measure after each piece. (Which would be a PITA! but would show where biggest gains are located.)

I do chuckle at the SA ... I've run DA lower than that. Actually too low for my spastic trigger finger. Lol.  Anyway, nice pistol.

I do want to chronicle what drops the trigger weight, and by how much.

Hadn't thought about doing polishing step by step. That sounds like a lot of work.

But it also sounds interesting. Dammit.

We will see how motivated I get to reassemble and check vs just continuing to dremel everything while it's all out!

I did pick up another stock 2 in 40 cal. and  I dont have a trigger pull gauge but it feels like the DA is about 12 # and SA is about 5 lbs. Tiem to get busy and start polishing .

Edited by bulm540

Congrats on your new S3! I look forward to reading about how the various mods and upgrades improve the action.

I read here somewhere that the S3 didn't come with the poly barrel.  I thought it was odd.  Mine was advertised as having the poly rifles barrel. It clearly is rifled the way yours is.

I can't say exactly when they changed it to the poly barrel.  I figured all the elite series came with it.  Perhaps when they updated the grips to the new ones?