Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Infinity RTS2 scope mount

redfisher

Building a new open gun with a DPP. Going to be a mid length with 3 popple holes. Had planned on using the Cheely mount but I'm curious about the two sided Infinity mount, it seems to push the scope back another half inch or so, though I'm not sure it comes wth a blast shield. Any feedback on this mount?  Thanks

jeff

51 minutes ago, grantwoodok said:

Also look at FMW RTS2 mount available on eBay. It pushed the scope back further than the Cheeley mount. I know there are a few out there running this mount. 

http://m.ebay.com/itm/pistol-scope-mount-for-C-More-RTS2-scopes-/302099166000?nav=SEARCH

The link goes somewhere else when I click on it - some vigilink place.

I have used the Infinity double sided mount for RTS scope mount maybe three matches and like it very much so far. I am using the mount with a Delta Point Pro. I don't have any experience with other mounts for microdot scopes so cannot compare to any other mount.

I could still get mount induced malfunctions with the Infinity RTS2 mount and a particular gun with erratic ejection. If that's not going to be a problem it is a good mount. However, I don't really notice the fore/aft difference of the Cheely vs SVI mounts. 

The SVI has no blast shield. 

I have gone to the Cheely RTS2 on all my guns after messing with both. 

Edited by theWacoKid

11 minutes ago, kimberacp said:

hanexp, how did you get the DDpro to mount to the infinity mount??     isn't that mount only for the RTS2???

thanks

Infinity website says if you remove the locate pins on the DPP it will work.

For the RTS2 mount I would buy one that goes further back if you have popple holes.

Im experimenyting with the RTS 2 now and it gets dirty as hell, I have to clean after each stage. If I didnt have popple holes I would like it right where it is.

14702291_1551220244903822_2773287672822366696_n.jpg

14731380_1551220194903827_8431073144927397049_n.jpg

1 hour ago, bigboy69 said:

For the RTS2 mount I would buy one that goes further back if you have popple holes.

Im experimenyting with the RTS 2 now and it gets dirty as hell, I have to clean after each stage. If I didnt have popple holes I would like it right where it is.

Do note that your mounting holes are shifted pretty far forward which isn't helping. Most guns have the rearmost mount hole just in front of the slide stop with gives about 3/8" to 1/2" more popple clearance than you have.

4 hours ago, bigboy69 said:

14702291_1551220244903822_2773287672822366696_n.jpg

14731380_1551220194903827_8431073144927397049_n.jpg

So even with the blast shield you are getting a lot of stuff on the lens?

jeff

I have the Infinity RTS2 mount and I love it.

However: my original one was aluminum, and it soon cracked.  I sent it back and they gave me the titanium one as replacement.  That one has gone through many thousands of rounds already and I am totally happy with it.

The weak spot is around the holes on the right leg.  You can order the mount with no holes there, it will take some waiting time.

My information is somewhat old now, so you need to ask them about the current specifics.  My aluminum mount was from the early batches, they just started making it, so it is possible the current ones are more robust.