Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-Rums Shotgun work ?

TANFARM

Lots of great reviews for them online.  I sent my Benelli M1 trigger group to them last year to have the lifter welded.  I think I paid $45.  They did the work and had it back in my hands in under two weeks.  It functions flawlessly, and my thumb is so much happier now!

Edited by Bruce99

I purchased a lifter for my M2 from Jeff to fix an issue I was having with a lifter welded by another shop.  It worked perfectly.  Later, I purchased a very lightly used M2 for my son that had all the records of Jeff's work.  That gun has been perfect.  Knowing what I know now I only have Jeff or Steve Rose of Rose Action Sports work on my shotguns.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2016 at 11:17 PM, hceuterpe said:

C rums welded lifter is quite nice.

However If you get one for your VM,. It may lower reliability where the shell gets caught up against the extractor notch on the barrel. It's a very sharp edge.

Sent from my m8wl using Tapatalk

I got my lifter from C-rums, and then removed the edge from the extractor cut. I've been running it for 2 years and haven't had a single round caught on that edge.

I also had Jeff install an XS Rear Sight on the barrel. Top Notch.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2016 at 8:49 AM, legion85 said:

I got my lifter from C-rums, and then removed the edge from the extractor cut. I've been running it for 2 years and haven't had a single round caught on that edge.

I've heard great things about C-rums, too. What height did you end of going with and how did you choose?

• 2 weeks later...

Both of my M2s have been tuned by Jeff.  As long as I don't let the springs get worn out and don't feed them junk ammo, they run amazingly well.   

He also added the rear XS sight in the rib and large front FO and slug targets are a piece of cake now.

Craig

On 11/20/2016 at 8:49 AM, legion85 said:

I too have never had an issue with the a shell getting caught - however, I did send my whole gun to Jeff for the lifter, opening the loading port, etc. A friend tried to duplicate my gun by purchasing parts and installing himself and I can tell you his gun is not the same. I'm not sure exactly all got done to my gun, but there are some little tweaks (cleaning up of edges, fitting, etc.) that were done while my gun was down there that you won't get if you just purchase a lifter and throw it into a receiver that you opened up.  While I don't think you need yet another recommendation for Jeff - he's got it from me. 

• 2 months later...

C-Rums did a great job on welding my lifter for an FNH shotgun back in 2012. I sold that gun and switched over to a benelli, but CRUMS work was impressive. His turnaround time was also spectacular. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jeff did the full modification on my M2.   It was awesome.  The only thing I've changed since then is the addition of the Briley trigger.  The rail -

embedded pistol sight is excellent.

Edited by MotorMouth