Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320 Basepads for Production

Ssanders224

So what are the go-to basepads for a 320 production rig?

Springer?  If so, which thickness?

Obsidian?

The full size grip is honestly to short for my hand... with the factory basepads, it's easy to pinch the meat of my hand when seating a mag.

I was thinking the Springers might help with this because they do not have the "wings"?  But I've never seen them in person. 

I am using the Springer Precision .375" now. I think those sit in the hand and reload better than the Springer .25" or the Obsidians. I have run Obsidian Arms extensions in the past I love that they match the grip profile, extend the grip, and fill the wing but the larger hump on the front of the magazine changes the angle of the magazine in your hand and doesn't sit in mine quite as well as the Springers. Nothing you can't adjust to of course; both are nice. If you do the Obsidians, don't get the full ones that extend the grip on the back side. They don't sit well on table starts and I think that area in the back doesn't help, it just has the potential to get in the way. 

• 2 months later...

I went with the Springer  .25 because they simply made the mag feel more balanced than the .375. I was also worried about being over weight with the .375 but I think I still had 10-12 ounces to spare. 

11 hours ago, Nick179 said:

I went with the Springer  .25 because they simply made the mag feel more balanced than the .375. I was also worried about being over weight with the .375 but I think I still had 10-12 ounces to spare. 

I also went with the .25's. and they are great, but if I end up making a ESP with a magwell, I'll grab a set of .375's.