Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I really would like to see this come back but, I'm not holding my breath. The new people running it will have to know what they are doing to remove the stench surrounding it after the debacle of the last 2 years. They will have to show me they can run it for at least 1-2 years before I commit to coming back.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Jollymon32 said:

My money is that the new owner is Manny Bragg or that Manny is running it.

Hopefully I am not wrong.  Manny can make it work.

I'm sure Manny knows how to make it work. If it is Manny, it would be strange that it isn't at his range, Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof. Instead it's up in New Smyrna Beach.

So far, they're doing what they did last year.  Big hype but no real information.  Keeps us guessing, and now we're having conversations about the "new management" when we know ... well, nothing.  

Lets wait and see, don't play their game.

Hey everyone. New owners/managers (as of basically January) here... Just a heads up, Manny is not running the Pro Am, but it is being held at Volusia Gun Club, which his home range (Universal hasn't been his home range for about a year). He is also helping us get things rolling there with setup, it's his steel, etc. We're not being mysterious about our identities because we want to keep information from you. It's complicated. There are many who know who we are, so the people who need to know right this minute, well hopefully you have friends in the community and can find out.

Anyway, we (2 partners involved) have experience in running major USPSA and Steel Challenge matches. We completely understand everyone's reservations about the Pro Am. You have every right to be hesitant to jump on board! We were at the one in 2015 (and the years prior), so we feel your pain. Just awful. As the ones taking over, we can't dwell on it or bitch about it anymore though, we are just pressing forward. So far the response to us bringing the Pro Am back has been overwhelmingly positive. We absolutely welcome your opinions if you'd like to voice them to us at newproamshooting@gmail.com. We more than likely already are addressing what you plan on complaining about but you're welcome to send anything over that may be helpful, please do.

We have been working on this redevelopment behind the scenes for a couple months (we were not the owners in October...). We have SO much in the works that we know you guys will be happy with the match (obviously the weather will be hot, but it is what it is). We plan on not only bringing this back to the state it was originally in its high time, but we strive to make it better. Over the next year or so, we will be rolling out some awesome things. We've already spoken to many top level shooters (who are also actually friends) like Max Michel, Jessie Duff, Dave Sevigny, Bob Vogel, too many more, and they're all ecstatic about it coming back, and have committed to shooting it (there may be 1 or 2 with scheduling conflicts).

We look forward to having a successful match and we hope every one can make it out to shoot. We know asking for another chance is a lot after what happened in the past,  but we would love if you'd give us a chance to make the Pro Am great again. If you'd like, you may jump on our mailing list by visiting the site www.proamshooting.com. By the way, we just bumped a few days for launch just in case, but it will likely go back to the original launch date of Saturday (if all goes well). Also the site isn't being kept secret because we want to keep information from you, it's because it's not ready yet. And we're releasing the info as it's confirmed (aka just got contract signed for Volusia *today*).

So chill. It ain't a game, aight?

Anyway, Pro Am lovers, just get ready for a kickass comeback match.

XOXO

- The new mysterious Pro Am duo with just enough testicular fortitude to bring this badass match back from the dead.:D

P.S.  To the person who encountered a security error: At that exact time Sunday, I was switching our site over to https, and the switch had not fully propagated so it got funky with the SSL certificate it tried to detect. You must've gone to the site within the literal several minute window of switching. Anyway, our website most certainly does not contain anything malicious (and at this point is still just a coming soon page). If it is still showing that way, it likely has to do with caching in your browser. Email newproamshooting@gmail.com if you still have issues.

1 hour ago, ProAmShooting said:

Hey everyone. New owners/managers (as of basically January) here... Just a heads up, Manny is not running the Pro Am, but it is being held at Volusia Gun Club, which his home range (Universal hasn't been his home range for about a year). He is also helping us get things rolling there with setup, it's his steel, etc. We're not being mysterious about our identities because we want to keep information from you. It's complicated. There are many who know who we are, so the people who need to know right this minute, well hopefully you have friends in the community and can find out.

Anyway, we (2 partners involved) have experience in running major USPSA and Steel Challenge matches. We completely understand everyone's reservations about the Pro Am. You have every right to be hesitant to jump on board! We were at the one in 2015 (and the years prior), so we feel your pain. Just awful. As the ones taking over, we can't dwell on it or bitch about it anymore though, we are just pressing forward. So far the response to us bringing the Pro Am back has been overwhelmingly positive. We absolutely welcome your opinions if you'd like to voice them to us at newproamshooting@gmail.com. We more than likely already are addressing what you plan on complaining about but you're welcome to send anything over that may be helpful, please do.

We have been working on this redevelopment behind the scenes for a couple months (we were not the owners in October...). We have SO much in the works that we know you guys will be happy with the match (obviously the weather will be hot, but it is what it is). We plan on not only bringing this back to the state it was originally in its high time, but we strive to make it better. Over the next year or so, we will be rolling out some awesome things. We've already spoken to many top level shooters (who are also actually friends) like Max Michel, Jessie Duff, Dave Sevigny, Bob Vogel, too many more, and they're all ecstatic about it coming back, and have committed to shooting it (there may be 1 or 2 with scheduling conflicts).

We look forward to having a successful match and we hope every one can make it out to shoot. We know asking for another chance is a lot after what happened in the past,  but we would love if you'd give us a chance to make the Pro Am great again. If you'd like, you may jump on our mailing list by visiting the site www.proamshooting.com. By the way, we just bumped a few days for launch just in case, but it will likely go back to the original launch date of Saturday (if all goes well). Also the site isn't being kept secret because we want to keep information from you, it's because it's not ready yet. And we're releasing the info as it's confirmed (aka just got contract signed for Volusia *today*).

So chill. It ain't a game, aight?

Anyway, Pro Am lovers, just get ready for a kickass comeback match.

XOXO

- The new mysterious Pro Am duo with just enough testicular fortitude to bring this badass match back from the dead.:D

P.S.  To the person who encountered a security error: At that exact time Sunday, I was switching our site over to https, and the switch had not fully propagated so it got funky with the SSL certificate it tried to detect. You must've gone to the site within the literal several minute window of switching. Anyway, our website most certainly does not contain anything malicious (and at this point is still just a coming soon page). If it is still showing that way, it likely has to do with caching in your browser. Email newproamshooting@gmail.com if you still have issues.

Well, you're already ahead of the game compared to the previous couple of seasons. The fact you have previous major match experience and have brought in other experienced people (like Manny) raises my optimism. Makes me wish I could make it this year. If I can afford it and I can get the time off, maybe next year. Unfortunately, for those of us in the North everyone and their brother wants time off in the summer and when you're low on the seniority list, good luck.

Thank you for reviving the Pro-Am and best of luck restoring it to glory.

This always looked like very fun match and I would love to attend this year.  To be honest, I would love to know who is running it and the fact that that info is being withheld is a little disconcerting. If I shoot it, I would do the limited and open (and pcc if three guns are even an option).  That appears to be just under $500 before travel and arrangements. I would love to know that the person behind it is an industry person withe the connections to put together an awesome prize table that would be worthy of the investment to make the trip. I understand that very few people make their entry fee back at the prize tables unless you are at the very top of the game, but leaving with a cleaning kit just sucks and to be honest, walking a prize table and getting the feeling that the MD didn't put in the effort to try to get a nice table together is even worse.  

The new website just went live. If they do what they say the plan on doing with the championship match it should be every bit as good, or better than it was at its peak. Add to that plans for regional matches. I'm trying not to get too excited but, I'm looking forward to how this goes.

If the comeback match works out I'll be trying to add this back into my match schedule for next year.

Howdy Shooters!

From Pro Am Shooting’s Co-Owner:

“Hello everyone,

My name is Matt Mitchell and I’m the new C.E.O./Co-Owner of Pro Am Shooting. Some of you may know me and some of you may not. If you know me, then you know how much I love the shooting sports and I have been lucky enough to make the shooting sports my career. If you don’t know me, then you should come out and the shoot the National Championship match in July and see what my partner and I are doing for the Pro Am. We have literally been working on this every single day for the past few months in our off time from our normal day jobs. We decided not to announce that we own Pro Am Shooting because of our own reasons. We definitely understand the desire to know who is behind this match resurgence (since your faith in the match had been lost). There are so people out there who are up to speed with everything behind the scenes and support us 100% so we hope you can do the same. Many of them being some of the best shooters in the world, and ones that have shot our major matches in the past like the FL State Steel Challenge Championship, the Swamp Challenge, the Hosefest. With all of that being said, now you know who is behind the Pro Am. I hope you all can stop the speculation and know that the match is in good hands. We hope to see you all on the range!

-Matt Mitchell”

There you have it guys. Let us know if you have any questions. info@proamshooting.com…..

We look forward to bringing back this awesome match!

Love,

Partner/Co-Owner # 2

Just read the rule book and had a question on mag capacity. Why is there a 10 round cap? I was looking forward to this being my first year to compete but after seeing that there is no way I'll shoot this match. 

My guess is the mag cap is to level the field without having to get new equipment. So you basically have an Optic and Iron Sight divisions. This way if I choose to compete with my Glock I don't have to go out and get mag extensions to bring me to the same capacity as a 2011. 

3 hours ago, Mikeski said:

My guess is the mag cap is to level the field without having to get new equipment. So you basically have an Optic and Iron Sight divisions. This way if I choose to compete with my Glock I don't have to go out and get mag extensions to bring me to the same capacity as a 2011. 

And Single Stack, IDPA, Production, L10 shooters and shooters from restrictive states can all shoot without capacity handicapping them.... And it adds to the challenge.

Practice your reloads and make good stage plans.

I shot the Pro-Am for the first time in 2015. While the admin of the match sucked, the actual shooting was a F-ing riot and the ROs I dealt with were great. If the mag cap is the only reason for skipping this kind of match, I think you're missing something.

I didn't realize it until a couple days ago, I have met the 2 partners in the new ownership. They are good people. There may be hiccups but, I do think they can pull this off. They seem to have a real passion for this and will learn from the mistakes. I'm softening my earlier position. If I could make it this year I would. I say to give them a chance. Just leave room for me to shoot in the future.

Edited by PatriotMRD