Double Alpha Alpha-X holster

anbrumm

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They can be ordered from DAA website, mine arrived last week and haven't had a chance to use it959174b4a4ed89c3f6e247df7777eed7.jpg00685f46ff86711ae045f216523130d8.jpg

Packaging is not as good as I thought lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shows out of stock til mid November :-( just got my first limited gun and needing a holster. May just break down and buy the race master before my next match.

2 hours ago, ScottieShootz said:

So, is this better than the Racemaster holster?  I haven't been able to figure out where in the product line this holster sits.

Same mechanism with an improved, stronger mount. Would be a good Open Division holster for 3-gun.

• 3 weeks later...
I love my Racemaster. I want this for my 3-gun open division belt.

I was going to buy a racemaster, but like features of this one. Figured if I'm waiting to buy one I'll get this one.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
27 minutes ago, osw333 said:

I have the racemaster holster now and think about upgrade to Alpha X holster, is  worth the money?

I bought a race master and hated it (even returned it) Wouldn't get rid of the alpha X for anything. 

1 hour ago, osw333 said:

I have the racemaster holster now and think about upgrade to Alpha X holster, is  worth the money?

If you have your race master set up perfect I would say its not worth it unless your a total gear head and have to have the newest thing.  The block in the holster in the same part so it works exactly the same.  The alpha x is superior in that you can remove it from the belt and put it back without removing the hanger or losing your adjustments.  This I think would be nice for traveling where you would have to pack in in a bag and were worried about damage.  The other advantage is getting the holster in the perfect position.  It is much easier to do this with the alpha x but if your race master is perfect there is really zero advantage there.  Just remember that there is nothing different with the actual retention device its exactly the same.  The heart of the holster has not changed.   

I have both the Racemaster and the Alpha X. I like the Racemaster much better. The Alpha X is much sturdier but less adjustable. The Alpha X works just OK with my open gun (STI DVC open) but I like the Racemaster MUCH better for my striker fire guns. I can adjust the distance from my hip to the holster much better with the Racemaster.