Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fort Benning Multi Gun - Official

Yes. Maybe they will just open it up and let the base commander and a bunch of Rangers shoot, or the whole AMU, or anybody on base. Would be fun. I'm shooting this one with a stock carbine. I'm just happy they have the match and food. Always the best match of the year. When they have it. Separates the wheat from chaff to not have prizes though, doesn't it? 

Effective immediately, driver licenses and identification cards from the states of

Minnesota, Missouri, Washington and the territory of American Samoa do not comply with the REAL ID Act and can no longer

be used as the sole source for access to Fort Benning.  

^Noticed this in the match book and wanted to make sure anyone traveling from afar doesn't get left out.

The 2016 Ft Benning Multigun Challenge was a superb match! Always the best match of the year and this year was no different. Difficult match to shoot fast, and nothing was easy. The stage designs were really well done, and the props are incomparable. No one else can do this. The WW1 stage (9) had the deepest trench ever at a match and I didn't fall off the wall this year, so all good. Truly fun to shoot this.The swinging bridge was awesome and unlike any other I have seen. Some shooters wished they had "the long range", i.e., the sniper range, but I don't think this is always under AMU control. The Army is constantly reorganizing itself, and the AMU is no different. It is superb, however. IMG_2396.jpgI shot Stage 1 (Korea) in freezing cold rain, so I kept my raincoat on. Seemed appropriate for a stage named Korea. The esprit and energy of the USAMU is palpable and represents the US Army at their best. Thanks for a great match.

Edited by Jadeslade

Just want to say what a great match this was.  Many thanks, from the top command at Fort Benning to the lowest ranking soldier resetting targets in the rain.  Where else can you shoot a "SAW" , run through trenches, climb over barricades and crawl under barbed wire all the while being ROd by world champion shooters?   I so appreciate the privilege of shooting at Fort Benning!

Steve Sweeney

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank the Ft. Benning MWR for having the match again. I would especially like to thank the US Army Marksmanship Unit for designing and building world class stages and running a smooth, safe match! I do miss being able to go off of Krilling Range and shoot stages, the Stryker rides of the past and some of the cool props, but I am very happy that the match was put on. It is always a privilege to be able to compete at Ft. Benning. The SAW was cool, the "landing craft" rocked, the old nemesis swinging bridge was back and the trench was awesome! This was a fun match. I enjoyed the blind stage, it would not have hurt my feelings if the Vietnam tunnel stage had been a blind stage also, I think that would have been cool. I really appreciate that we were all allowed to just keep going to get as many stages in before the bad weather, you don't see that kind of flexibility everywhere. The food was good again this year. The match staff, ROs, soldiers setting targets, etc. were all very professional and efficient, I can't thank them enough!  

I hope that the match goes on again next year.

Hurley