Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Joined the Dairy Queen club today.

nelson1each

Yup...it happened today. Go to do a mag change and boom goes the dynamite after I seated the new mag. Had my finger where it shouldn't be and well....sent one over the berm. Scared the ? out of me! Trying to be fast and getting ahead of myself. Time to dial it back and practice some reloads. Hanging my head in shame till the next match. ?

Video your reload practice so you can see your trigger discipline.  When I switched to a new pistol I got a warning from a kind RO at one match.  Went home and for the next week worked on my reloads.  Started very slow with all of the focus on "where is my finger".  When I got back up to full speed I video'd my reloads for about 10 minutes and when I watched the video the finger was correct on every one of them.  I have never had another warning on a reload since.  Do the same thing with a timed jam clear drill since I see people clearing their pistol with their finger in the trigger all the time even when they are excellent with their reloads.  Most people don't practice that and it can get you DQ'd as well.

Edited by pointerman1967

I did the same thing. I had a BAD lever on my rifle. Running fast during a reload, mag went in and I hit the BAD lever. My finger went just past the BAD lever to the trigger. I put a round in the ground near the target at 20yds. As soon as it happened, I knew I was getting a DQ. It was the very last shot on the last stage of the match! I took the BAD lever off of my 3G rifle before attending BRM3G. Will spend the winter practicing with the BAD lever back on the gun...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought you were talking about the free small Blizzard with purchase for a year deal..........(its a real promotion)

Yeah, I'm hoping to avoid both types of DQ. 

Got my Match DQ out of the way at a small Speed Steel Match racing a kid on a Dueling Tree. I red lit :D

The other DQ will make me fat.

On 11/24/2016 at 9:17 AM, tomjerry1 said:

There are those who have, and those who will, all others are liars. Happens to all of us.

Almost 40 years in the game and no DQ. Not sure if that puts me in the liar category or future unsafe shooter category. 

On Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 8:17 AM, tomjerry1 said:

There are those who have, and those who will, all others are liars. Happens to all of us

Been at it for 39 years and have not DQ'D yet so I must fall into the liar category. I have shot Nationals, Area, Regionals, Steel Matches and local matches. 

I always wonder where the saying came from "those who have and those who will". I guess we could apply that to all things that we do. Like getting married and everyone will divorce. Well I  must be a liar in that one also as going on 40 years. 

Glad I am not part of your group. ✌ 

Edited by revoman

• 3 weeks later...