Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two dedicated psa glock lowers. One build with a JP bolt and SCS, with a ALG ACTIVE trigger and the JP reduced enhanced reliability springs (red and yellow). So far this set up has been running perfectly in about 1500 rounds. Its pull is about 4lbs according to my trigger scale.

My other build, PSA glock lower with Kaw Valley Bolt and Kaw Valley 7.5 oz buffer with their spring, I put I the Rise Armament sporting trigger, that is often on sale for 99 dollars or so. Well I really enjoyed the trigger it did not hold up. In less than 200 rounds I had the actual upper portion of the trigger where is contacts the hammer Crack and break in half. 

Just a heads up and could be a fluke. When it was working no issues with reset. 

Edited by pfcchambers
Spelling
I've got about 400 rounds on my POF 4.5lb drop in with no problems. I was underwhelmed with the feel of it at first but it is smoothing out. I don't mind the weight but the creep was annoying!! Hopefully it will continue to get better!!

I have the POF 3.5lb flat-faced trigger with nearly 2k rounds on it with no problems. When I first installed it the averaged pull was just under 4.5lbs so I was going to send it back. I had a match that weekend so I had to run it anyway as I didn't have a decent backup. After putting several hundred rounds through it the trigger felt noticeably better. I ran it another week and after 1k rounds the pull weight had dropped to an average of 3.75lbs. The trigger pull is now pretty nice, but I'm still having some issue getting used to the pointed part near the bottom as this is my first flat trigger. If it didn't shoot so well I would have already changed it for the JP EZ trigger, but it's hard to mess with something that runs perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello: I installed the Hiperfire 24C trigger with the light springs. Trigger pull seems ok but not as nice as my Jard triggers. I will test it this week to see if it will reset 100% of the time. I never thought I would have so many trigger problems with a AR 9mm. I do like the flat 24C trigger with the curved pad. It just fits nicely on my finger. Thanks, Eric

33 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I installed the Hiperfire 24C trigger with the light springs. Trigger pull seems ok but not as nice as my Jard triggers. 

You might try the heavy springs.  That will give you a lighter trigger pull.

FCG trigger weights are more or less the same between all three models and range as follows based on toggle spring pair used:

• Plain or Gray: 2 ½ – 2 ¾ pounds
  • Yellow: 3 ½ – 3 ¾ pounds
  • Blue: 4 – 4 ¼ pounds
Edited by Flatland Shooter
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a little info on all the triggers I tried. Running KVP upper with NFA lower.

Geissele Super 3 gun - hammer sits too low. Would not cock when the bolt was cycled.

AR-GOLD - same as Geissele S3G

ELF - If the trigger is not pressed firmly to the rear on every round the hammer will follow. 

TriggerTech - Unless the trigger is adjusted to a pull weight higher than what I prefer (4+ lbs) the hammer will follow.

Hiperfire 24c - runs with no issues. Fair bit of creep compared to the TT or Elf, but low pull weight and a short tactile reset.

My favorite AR trigger is stock Milspec parts with light JP hammer and disco springs and a fifty cent Allen head set screw from the hardware store to take out the excessive travel/creep. I like to use the CMMG LPK because their hammers are mirror polished. I've done 2 now that both have very nice, short trigger pulls just under 3 pounds. There's a good instructional on how to do it here-

http://junkyardgenius.com/firearms/ar-15/ar08.html

On some receivers, you have to run a tap through the last quarter inch or so of the grip screw hole if it doesn't go all the way through.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello: I tried the Jard 2lb single stage trigger again in my new build. I added more disconnector tension and it is 100% now. I am really liking this trigger just like the Hiperfire 24C in the other rifle. Maybe I should have bought the flat Jard single stage. I guess I can try that one on the next build. Anyone else notice how addictive AR type guns are? Thanks, Eric

My ELF 3gun was solid in my build with a Spinta bolt(which has now sheared off the "gas key" a 2nd time), but it will let the hammer follow, as mentioned above, on occasion with my JP bolt.

The factory JP trigger in my GMR has been flawless...

I am going to swap the ELF for a Hiperfire 24C and see how that plays out.

On 2/25/2017 at 11:29 AM, wgj3 said:

My ELF 3gun was solid in my build with a Spinta bolt(which has now sheared off the "gas key" a 2nd time), but it will let the hammer follow, as mentioned above, on occasion with my JP bolt.

Do you think the buffer has any say in the hammer follow and what buffer are you using? Just finishing up a JP 9mm bolt and SCS and had an elf 3g that I was going to toss in it.

On 10/20/2016 at 5:59 AM, v1911 said:

How hard would it be for JP to make a flat trigger? I've read nothing but positive reviews on their factory triggers, but now that I've been bitten by the flat trigger bug, curved triggers don't do it for me. 

I have 3 JP's had the armageddon roller trigger put in all 3 set 3lb it's round flat LOL.  great trigger

Dropping my JP bolt into my homebrew carbine with ELF 3G trigger turned it into an occasionally NFA firearm. Random doubles and even a triple before I was convinced that it wasnt my blistering fast trigger finger.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Skeeter190 said:

I am running the Hipertouch EDT with no issues in two different builds.

I am also running one and very happy with it. Not a drop in, but very little creep and fast reset. About 4#. $90 roughly, can't go wrong.

gerritm

21 hours ago, Hallz said:

Love my JP,... was not sure and was going with the new Timney with a 1.5lb pull or the ELF 3 gun. No regrets with the JP.

You chose well, aparrently the ELF doesn't cycle 100%... which is why I sold mine and got the Hiperfire.

C0ACB78D-992D-4B79-940A-BED916AAC96F_zps

Edited by JAustin316

I'm accumulating parts for a second PCC (they are addictive) and reviewed the Hiperfire website.  I have a 24C in my current PCC plus several in other AR's.  Nowhere did they indicate the Hiperfire trigger was recommended for PCC so last night I emailed them for clarification.   Received the following this afternoon.  Good customer support.

Bill

"Good afternoon, 

We highly recommend using any of our 24 series triggers in the PCC rifles. The reason is that the toggle springs can take the heavy recoil impulse and protect the trigger. We do not recommend using the EDT line simply because of the heavy recoil impulse and possible breakage but we will stand behind our products regardless. 

Best regards, 

Dustin Felix 
Sales 
HIPERFIRE, LLC 
www.hiperfire.com 
www.facebook.com/HighPerformanceFirearms "