Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/29/2016 at 6:52 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

Catching up reading on old posts and came across this one.  

My PSA Hybrid bolt also has little material below the firing pin.  Compared the length of the Hiperfire 24C and the PSA hammer that came with the lower.  They are almost identical in length.  

Hopefully that means all is well.

how has the Hiperfire/PSA Hybrid come worked so far? I have the PSA but I'm trying to decide on what trigger to get for this thing.

52 minutes ago, XDMgunchamp278 said:

how has the Hiperfire/PSA Hybrid come worked so far? I have the PSA but I'm trying to decide on what trigger to get for this thing.

The Hiperfire 24C has been in the lower for the past 500 to 600 rounds with no problems.  Note that I have it set for the lightest trigger pull (i.e. the heavier set of springs).

I bought the lower directly from Palmetto State Armory.  Since their uppers had been out of stock for several months, I went into it planning on building a 9mm upper.  About that time I found a LGS in Louisiana that had a few PSA-9 uppers in stock.  Got one of those.  My only complaint about the gun is the barrel really needs to be throat reamed to take advantage of some good reloaded ammo.  At the moment I'm loading 147 gr X-treme RN bullets over 2.8 gr N-320 at AOL of 1.085".  Reasonably accurate to 35 yards and feeds and extracts well.

Edited by Flatland Shooter
1 hour ago, Mulligan03 said:

Anyone try he elfman 3 gun trigger? I have. A giesselle sa in my mpx right now but want a flat trigger and the elfman looks good but didn't know if is worth the money.. don't like the pad that is on the hyper fire 

The pad on the Hiperfire 24C is optional.  You can run it with just the straight trigger blade.

Rowdy, that is what I'm doing right now. JP yellow springs on a stock DPMS trigger group. Not spectacular. I used to have a trigger group from Bill Springfield. He does triggers for DCM shooters that have a minimum pull restriction. Send him your stock trigger group, he does his magic and sends it back. I think I may do that again.

On 1/3/2017 at 6:04 PM, Mulligan03 said:

Anyone try he elfman 3 gun trigger? I have. A giesselle sa in my mpx right now but want a flat trigger and the elfman looks good but didn't know if is worth the money.. don't like the pad that is on the hyper fire 

The Elftmann is the best AR trigger I have ever felt. I have two. Neither run consistently with my 9mm AR. KVP bolt.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:44 PM, rowdyb said:

Is no one just running jp springs and a polish of their stock trigger? i'm leaning that way on one of my 9mm ARs..... Both just have stock mil spec triggers that are so-so.

I have 1 lower with that set up and it's just fine. I put a Hyperfire in my 9mm carbine set up for 3 gun as I might need to take some more precise shots at longer ranges, but for USPSA I don't see the trigger as being that important for pistol stage stuff.

I was running stock polished mil spec trigger with JP reliability spring on a frontier glock lower with cmmg bolt. Had issues with trigger not resetting as well as pins walking out. KNS pins help with the other problem. Took JP springs out and has been flawless since.

Edited by al23
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:49 PM, rishii said:

I'm running the psa enhanced polished trigger group that goes on sale for 30 bucks

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-pa10-enhanced-polished-trigger.html

I lighten the hammer and run the yellow jp trigger spring and red hammer spring, and the jp anti walk trigger pins

it breaks at 3 3/4 lbs.  it's not as nice as my jp trigger groups, but pretty close

I tried the ALG version of this trigger.  My gun doubled then went full auto.  Wonder why this type of trigger works in some guns and not others. 

I have the ELF Ar10 trigger in my MPX. It feels great but has become very finicky on adjustment. Sometimes doesn't reset. They suggested that I locktite the adjustment screw.
Once set and working it is a great trigger.

I ordered the Hiperfire 24c from Optics Planet last night for my home brew using a JP bolt. I noticed Optics Planet will give you a discount code if you have a page open on certain items for a few minutes. I was mulling over the Hiperfire vs Rise RA-535 and when I clicked back to the Hiperfire page, there was a code on the screen to save $35. Made the 24c $188.75 with free shipping, so I ordered two on separate invoices to get the deal on both. That's the best price I've seen, and I'll put the other one in my 3-gun rifle. 

Edited by RigPig
I ordered the Hiperfire 24c from Optics Planet last night for my home brew using a JP bolt. I noticed Optics Planet will give you a discount code if you have a page open on certain items for a few minutes. I was mulling over the Hiperfire vs Rise RA-535 and when I clicked back to the Hiperfire page, there was a code on the screen to save $35. Made the 24c $188.75 with free shipping, so I ordered two on separate invoices to get the deal on both. That's the best price I've seen, and I'll put the other one in my 3-gun rifle. 

Wow, I will have to try this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk