Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Did you polish the internals of your TS?

billthemarine2862

I have polished other guns, it can make a big difference in those DA/SA platforms.  Is it worth the effort for the TS?  

I have upgraded everything except hammer and sear.  Wondering if it will make any difference. Or just wait until I do the hammer and sear upgrade.

If you did polish your TS, what parts were polished.

Semper Fi

Bill

This might sound crazy to some people, but I actually polished the rails a little.  They weren't as smooth as I thought they should be.  That has been a nice change.  Feels as smooth as a custom 2011 now.  I was very careful and used very high polish ( 2000 grit).

I also tried to polish my hammer and sear, and had an epic fail.  Search for my posts and you'll find out what I mean.  I run a CGW hammer and sear now and am extremely happy.

3 hours ago, Pistolpete9 said:

This might sound crazy to some people, but I actually polished the rails a little.  They weren't as smooth as I thought they should be.  That has been a nice change.  Feels as smooth as a custom 2011 now.  I was very careful and used very high polish ( 2000 grit).

I also tried to polish my hammer and sear, and had an epic fail.  Search for my posts and you'll find out what I mean.  I run a CGW hammer and sear now and am extremely happy.

I think polishing the rails might be worth the effort.  I run CGW molly grease down the rails with a watercolor paint brush.  It is very smooth but, still not as smooth as the 2011's I have shot.

I ended up going with the CGW race hammer and sear.  Install was a breeze.  I went to the range today, and it is amazing! The break and reset are far more defined than before.  I was able to reduce the total travel distance a little more as well  The hammer cleaned up my one issue with the TS trigger (I felt the reset was too soft before). The "click" of the reset is outstanding now! I have purchased many products from CZ and CGW.  I know they both make great products but CGW really knocked that hammer out of the park.

Thanks for the input!

Bill

+1 to that!  I am very happy with the CGW race hammer and sear.  If I was going to be super picky I would say that the pull could be lighter, but it is a very nice upgrade for the style of shooting I want to do.  My install was not a breeze though.  The hammer link pin was an absolute pain for me.  I recommend buying their pin and make sure you have a start punch to get the other one out.  It's a bugger!

I actually ordered two pins in case one got damaged durine install.  I used a starter punch to get the hammer strut free.  I used a vice to install the new pin and strut into the hammer.  I learned this lesson a few months back doing my first trigger job. 

Very happy with the new trigger.

• 8 months later...

I paid Cajun Gun Works to polish the internals of my TS, plus install a new sear, hammer and mainspring.  Expensive, but no notable difference.  Some of the creep is gone and the safety click in and out.  IMO, definitely not worth the money spent.