Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Having issues with muzzle rise on Stretch 16 barrel.

brew460

Your set up is similar to mine. I too, noticed a difference in recoil when I switch from my 18in barrel at the start of this season. I said difference because I never noticed an increase in muzzle rise or recoil. Sure If you sit down and focus just on recoil off a bench you will noticed a difference, under the timer however, its much harder to realize that.

I have tuned my rifle for offhand shots at 50 yards. Its not a perfectly flat shooting rifle, but I know how it reacts and recoils which is more important so I can track my dot and know where it is going to go.

As far as the new bleed off gas block, I won't ever be convinced of venting off extra gas for our game. Just think about it, you bleed off pressure which will drop your velocity no matter what. I run a SLR7 and once I get it dialed in, I open it up one more click and leave it. I have not adjusted it all year and that's after several thousands of rounds. I know that it is frozen right now, and I will remove it this off season and get it broken free again.

I suggest spending some time adjusting buffer weights and even spring weights along with an adjustable block. Don't focus too much on getting your rifle to shoot "flat", in the long run you will spend more time focusing on getting it dialed in perfectly when you should get it set up so its good, reliable and practice with it. Once I started doing that, rather than tinkering with all of my gear, my performance increased and it showed at major matches this season.

If you have questions, feel free to PM me. I can tell you what my set up is but remember it works for me and its how I like it. Everyone is different, my friend and I have the exact same set up, minus receivers and BCG, yet his to me, shoots flatter than mine but our offhand shooting and rifle work is relatively close because we both know our OWN rifles performance.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll let you know if I have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sentry fits under the M7M handguard w some filing to the screws

My wife and I both have Stretch16 barrels with slightly different setups and every match we go to people comment how little our guns move ..

Mine - Fluted Stretch16, Cerakote ... JP LMOS, gutted carbine buffer, S7 block, Miculek comp

Hers - Melonite Stretch16 ... VDI low mass bcgs, gutted carbine buffer, stock fixed block, Miculek comp

The Sentry fits under the M7M handguard w some filing to the screws

My wife and I both have Stretch16 barrels with slightly different setups and every match we go to people comment how little our guns move ..

Mine - Fluted Stretch16, Cerakote ... JP LMOS, gutted carbine buffer, S7 block, Miculek comp

Hers - Melonite Stretch16 ... VDI low mass bcgs, gutted carbine buffer, stock fixed block, Miculek comp

Thanks for your specs. I'm excited to get my adjustable gas block on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk