Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Future WAPC locations

The Blade

2018 is fine, but where is important. Years ago someone from either Australia or NZ tried to get the NRA to announce the next WAPC at the end of a WAPC, pretty much how everyone else does it. Just never seems to happen. Most places would need 2 years to ensure that they can get all the crap together for a match, helps people plan and save for travel.

Get a fecking calendar together guys.

Lake Charles and Columbia are the only 2 ranges with more than 1 mover. (Lake Charles is a temporary mover I think)

Pioneer may have a 2nd next year, but we still need 2 more barricade lanes, and some rework on the plates.

AMU only has 1 mover, but 4 positions everywhere else I believe.

Prado California, Frostproof, and Peacemaker were mentioned as possibilities since they may have the basic ranges needed, and or a mover already. Those ranges would need to get moving ASAP to make improvements needed, and not turn up like the Kentucky ClusterF.

You can do a WAPC on one mover. If shot over three days you can run 180 people, as long as there is no messing about by the competitors. Be aware that the WAPC is not due to be held in the US until 2020 or 2022. So even the NRA has enough time to get a range together.

• 5 months later...

There was talk in 2014 of the event going to a 4 yr cycle but those guys are not around anymore. The tradition was to announce the next venue ASAP after the last one. To be honest; I don't think the NRA have a great interest in the WAPC anymore.  

One of the ranges not suggested would be Hogue Range in SLO. They have the space and I know where they can get more equip. They have 3 turner sets they have used for IRC and they have the beginnings of a mover.

I think Lake Charles would be awesome, although logistically it could be tough in the Springtime.  I'm of the opinion that it should be held in the Fall to make it distinctively separate from Bianchi and Crawfish Cups. 

I'm in the process of trying to get AP set up at the World Shooting and Recreation Complex in Sparta, IL.  It's 2.5hrs east of Columbia near where I live.  They have on-site restaurants and shops, HUGE parking lots, RV hookup and camping, close hotels, 4000acres of shooting ranges (mostly shotgun, 1.7 miles of trap lines alone, they host the Grand American), 12 large pistol bays with high berms, many plate racks, and room for Mover and Practical on the unused side of the main 1200ft berm.  It is a cheap flight into Mid-America Airport from many locations, which is 30 minutes north of the range.  If I can get something going with a couple good movers it could be viable in late 2018.

2 minutes ago, RippinSVT said:

I think Lake Charles would be awesome, although logistically it could be tough in the Springtime.  I'm of the opinion that it should be held in the Fall to make it distinctively separate from Bianchi and Crawfish Cups. 

I'm in the process of trying to get AP set up at the World Shooting and Recreation Complex in Sparta, IL.  It's 2.5hrs east of Columbia near where I live.  They have on-site restaurants and shops, HUGE parking lots, RV hookup and camping, close hotels, 4000acres of shooting ranges (mostly shotgun, 1.7 miles of trap lines alone, they host the Grand American), 12 large pistol bays with high berms, many plate racks, and room for Mover and Practical on the unused side of the main 1200ft berm.  It is a cheap flight into Mid-America Airport from many locations, which is 30 minutes north of the range.  If I can get something going with a couple good movers it could be viable in late 2018.

Tough to get the internationals to make 2 trips over in a year. Both matches would suffer from shooters having to pick one or the other. Same as last years Cup. Quite a few chose NZ over Columbia. Not that I blame them.

Sparta would be awesome.

If the two warring factions in Australia don't shoot themselves in the foot again I would like to see Australia get it. Maybe Brisbane.( Sorry Craig not Blacktown.) Easy to fly into and brilliant facilities. Direct flights from Dallas and heaps of accommodation. 

If it has to be the US, the week before Bianchi would be my choice.

2 minutes ago, goldfieldshooter said:

If the two warring factions in Australia don't shoot themselves in the foot again I would like to see Australia get it. Maybe Brisbane.( Sorry Craig not Blacktown.) Easy to fly into and brilliant facilities. Direct flights from Dallas and heaps of accommodation. 

The problem rumored with hosting WAPC before Bianchi is that NRA Annual Meetings are May 19-22 (in Chicago of all places) 

Bianchi will probably be May 22-25 unless they stray from the typical dates.

So we'd be looking at May 12-13 as the next earlier available weekend, which is Mothers day if that matters.

Scratch the Ag match, run WAPC May 22-23, Bianchi May 24-27. Both in Columbia. Depending on turn out, shooting both in approximately 4-5 days might be possible.

you are forgetting something. NRA  does not host WAPC so  the NRA AM would not affect anyone  but those sponsored shooters who have to do appearances.

dcs

Agreed.

3 hours ago, ffl said:

you are forgetting something. NRA  does not host WAPC so  the NRA AM would not affect anyone  but those sponsored shooters who have to do appearances.

dcs

I didn't say anything about who runs the match or not.:P

Edited by DWFAN

• 2 weeks later...