Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Future WAPC locations

The Blade

I have a couple questions about World Actions Pistol Championships as I'm still relatively new to AP.  I'd like to attend the next WAPC where ever it may be. I understand in 2012 it was in Germany, 2014 in Kentucky USA, and this years in New Zealand. Any speculation where it might be in 2018? It has to be in a country that has an AP program? What other countries has the WAPC been in? 

Thanks, Stephen

My understanding is that someone or more than one put up their hands and the powers that be choose? I also thought every second WAPC was held in USA. I hope it is Louisiana because I have heard they have good shoots and I haven't been there yet. 

8 hours ago, Chris1911 said:

My understanding is that someone or more than one put up their hands and the powers that be choose? I also thought every second WAPC was held in USA. I hope it is Louisiana because I have heard they have good shoots and I haven't been there yet. 

George and his crew have a great match going down there.

It would be a great location to hold the match in the United States. Which means the NRA won't chose it, they will hold it at another facility that has never held a NRA Action Pistol match. Because that seems to be how the NRA Competitive Shoot division is operating these days.

The theory was (and may still be) that it is every third WAPC is to be held in the USA. But that is not what has happened.

06 - Australia, Sydney

08 - NZ, Hamilton

10 - Australia, SSAA Sydney

12 - Germany

14 - USA, Kentucky

16 - NZ, Whangarei.

As it stands to play catch up they are likely to run one in the USA, hopefully somewhere other than where it was in 2014. Louisiana would be brilliant, but they would have to push the Bianchi Cup back a day to make sure people had time to travel back to Columbia, if they held it the weekend before, as in the weekend that Bates City and Berrien Springs hold their Regionals. Or push the match one week earlier than Bates City match.

However they decide to do it, it should be confirmed January one 2017, so people have time to prepare and the club has time to hold at least 2 regionals before they do the worlds.

The original charter, put together in 1995 by US, Australia and NZ, had the US hosting the match every 8 years. It has not turned out that way and from what has been spoken they are not looking to enforce it in the future. The country is decided by the NRA after bids from those countries are put in. Whoever is putting their hand up for the next WAPC should have their bid in by now. The bid is put in by the club that will host the match and not the countrys' governing body. I would like to see Australia host it again (apart from their screwy gun laws) but not in Sydney. Maybe Perth, Adelaide or Darwin; somewhere a bit different. If it is going to be in the US they better not put KY forward if they want someone to shoot the match. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Itchy, Tahiti / French Polynesia - local rules on handguns are a disaster.

How ever New Caledonia has a couple of clubs that shoot IPSC, they would be better. But be aware Pizza and a beer for lunch will cost about $40US, the fishing is pretty good, plus you can hunt Rusa Deer most of the year.

Reloading components and ammo is very expensive. 

• 2 weeks later...