Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best (Most Popular) production gun for USPSA.

I Shoot limited i want to grt a good production gun i have a sig p320 full size,glock 34 but ive heard CZ is good also whats the best production gun out there? that can be internally modified for competition.

20 hours ago, tannerlc said:

I Shoot limited i want to grt a good production gun i have a sig p320 full size,glock 34 but ive heard CZ is good also whats the best production gun out there? that can be internally modified for competition.

There is no "best" gun for Production Division.  Some are more popular than others and thus people tend to think they are better.  You should look into the 5 or 6 most popular guns and find out which works best for you.

For me, the "best" gun is a Glock 34.

I shoot limited with a Akai 2011 mainly I have a glock 34 my 10 year old son uses it for uspsa now, I have a sig p320 im gonna start using for production. The CZ has intrigued me and see alot of people saying its a good gun. Ill find someone in my local club to let me try theres out 

Best bet is to try some out.  Most of the shooting community are good people will gladly let you try their gun.  That's how I decided on a CZ myself.  I was just talking to a guy at my local club about CZ's and he offered to let me run his Accu Shadow that night.  After I shot the second stage I looked at my girlfriend and told her this was going to be an expensive night.  I had one of my own in less than 2 weeks and love it.

You have a 320 and a glock 34, both good production guns. I wish i had set my 320 up for production, instead of limited major. It works well for either, i just enjoy shooting production more. If i were you, put a springer mag release, basepads, and dawson sights on the 320 and use it

Daniel K

Tanfo's and CZ's are becoming very popular. Those two as a group around here have been outdoing glock in numbers.the sig 320 is also popular.  I run tanfos and have been very happy. But cz has a better trigger out of the box. I fiddle....a lot, so I fixed mine. Under 5# da now. 

On 10/13/2016 at 8:03 AM, tannerlc said:

I would but I have alot of money tied up in my Akai custom 2011 

You seem hell bent on repeating that you have an "Akai custom 2011" and  ignoring the advice that you asked for.

Edited by davidwiz

17 minutes ago, davidwiz said:

You seem hell bent on repeating that you have an "Akai custom 2011" and  ignoring the advice that you asked for.

After reading this, I think he should just shoot limited with his Akai Custom 2011. After all he as a lot invested in it already.

look on the USPSA Production Nationals web site and see which gun is used the most at this year's nationals...that would be the most popular...

Edited by racerba

27 minutes ago, racerba said:

look on the USPSA Production Nationals web site and see which gun is used the most at this year's nationals...that would be the most popular...

Do you have a link? Thanks

Those are two different things, "best" and "most popular".

I regularly beat shooters who are fundamentally better shooters than me: younger, more experience, slimmer and faster on their feet. (I started very late in this sport).

I keep making the comment that I only beat them because of what I shoot. They look down at my gun, shrug their shoulders, walk away.

Ive started very late also only been shooting less than a year but i sshoot slot and have attended some good matches and some big matches ill be shooting the Gator Classic tomorrow. Shot nationals at the beginning of the month 

3 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

After reading this, I think he should just shoot limited with his Akai Custom 2011. After all he as a lot invested in it already.

The reason I brought it up the 2nd time was because someone suggested a magwel and slide release and shoot limited with the Sigp320 

The reason I brought it up the 2nd time was because someone suggested a magwel and slide release and shoot limited with the Sigp320 

No I didn't, reread my post. I said use your p320. I have a p320 that i set up for limited, but wish I would have gotten one for production. I didnt suggest you set yours up for limited

Daniel K