Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats your favorite coated bullet

Targetpractice

Favorite coated bullet?   

425 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Acme for 147 gr, and Blue Bullets for 125 gr. I like them both.

Differentiate for safety reasons, so I can always tell which one is which (ACME are bright red for those who have never used them).

Have used Bayou in the past, they all seem equivalent to me frankly can't tell which one is best. All are consistent, accurate enough for IDPA and USPSA.

I have shot thousands of Blue Bullets 135 Gr. I like them allot and with the forum code are priced really well.

I'm shooting ACME 145 Gr RN out of my Shadow, and really enjoying them.

What's the current code for BLues

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, rancher5 said:

Just send them an email letting them know that you are a member here and they will send you the code.

What's the current code for BLues

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

When I started up loading 9m earlier this year I bought a bunch of Acme bullets.  I had a little issue with shaving on my 550 and had some real issues when I moved to a 650.  I ended up using a 38S die to seat 9mm because the Redding and Dillon dies I have seem to try to close the case prior to a full seat.   After digging into it a little more I found that digging 20 bullets out of the bucket that acme was all over the place on size.   My next order will be either plated or the blues.  

Edited by kells81

When I started up loading 9m earlier this year I bought a bunch of Acme bullets.  I had a little issue with shaving on my 550 and had some real issues when I moved to a 650.  I ended up using a 38S die to seat 9mm because the Redding and Dillon dies I have seem to try to close the case prior to a full seat.   After digging into it a little more I found that digging 20 bullets out of the bucket that acme was all over the place on size.   My next order will be either plated or the blues.  

Diff is diameter or height?

Diameter.   Its not a huge difference but large enough.  It seems that some of them are coated heavier than others. 

Thanks. I just got an order wanting to try it out based on some of the reviews. The box it comes in is a really nice touch. [emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417]

I'll third the Bayou 135 recommendation.  Best all around 9mm coated bullet I've used, I've even used them for major in 38 super and they held it together and gave good accuracy.

I've also had good experiences with SNS and Blue.  Tried a few other brands and they were fine, but I've pretty much settled on Bayou, SNS, and Blue for my coated bullet needs just to keep things simple.    

I placed an on-line order for 3300 Bayou 135g 9mm on Monday before noon. Specified standard ground (USPS) $15.00 shipping and they were delivered Thursday in PA.

I really don't see how any company could possibly do better, price/delivery/quality. Plus Bayou sponsors many events in my area. So I find myself tempted to try another when reading about customer experiences in the forums but Bayou has been very good to me so I continue to be a happy customer.

16 hours ago, wingnut said:

Firewood . I see your from Pa. have you ever tried Ibejihead he is I NJ.

No I haven't. I was at a USPSA match last week and after the shoot a bunch of guys were distributing bullets they purchased as a group buy from them. A whole pick-up full of them. I didn't realize they were in NJ.