Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats your favorite coated bullet

Targetpractice

Favorite coated bullet?   

425 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand of coated bullets are your favorite? If yours isnt listed please name it below along with weight and caliber.

• Bayou
    • Blue bullet
    • Ibejiheads
    • Black bullets
    • Acme
    • Other

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl, you can run HiTek coated bullets out of any hammer forged barrel (polygonal). I've pushed them to well over 1,400 fps in my Glock 31. 

My favorite is a local guy, Black and Blue Bullets out of Yucca Valley. He only sells locally at a 25K minimum, but has shooter reps who deliver the product to the ranges within 150 miles.

125 grain Truncated Cone Round Nose on the right, 124 TC Bayou on the left. I think they are equal in quality, but because Black and Blue is local to me, it's more than 20% savings in $$$$.

image37310.jpg

I did just order some Blue Bullet 147 gr RN 9mm's to try in my 357SIG for major. And am trying to get some of those "down under Aussie" bullets from WestCatings. They are a 158 gr designed especially for the 357SIG.

30 minutes ago, Targetpractice said:

I see the blue bullets are very poplular. I have heard they turn peoples hands blue. Is that a non issue to the blue bullet users or is it like the one guy saying thats all he knows?

My hands get dirty when I reload, when I shoot etc. Blue or black fingers makes no difference

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

My hands get dirty when I reload, when I shoot etc. Blue or black fingers makes no difference

I wear gloves when i reload and rub my ammo in a towel after they come off press to get rid of excess lube. My hands dont really turn a color when i load magazines because of that.

13 hours ago, Targetpractice said:

I see the blue bullets are very poplular. I have heard they turn peoples hands blue. Is that a non issue to the blue bullet users or is it like the one guy saying thats all he knows?

You get a little blue residue on your finger tips, it washes right off. I've tried a lot of different brands of bullets, but have stuck with blues for the last two years. Bullets should be the least talked about part of your shooting find a consistent product, and use it consistently. Ive been shooting the 135's 9mm in 3 gun and pcc, and couldn't be happier with them. In limited in shooting the 180's. If anyone wants a discount code to try out some blue bullets PM me and ill hook you up.

thebluebullets.com

Edited by billdozer

13 minutes ago, billdozer said:

You get a little blue residue on your finger tips, it washes right off. I've tried a lot of different brands of bullets, but have stuck with blues for the last two years. Bullets should be the least talked about part of your shooting find a consistent product, and use it consistently. Ive been shooting the 135's 9mm in 3 gun and pcc, and couldn't be happier with them. In limited in shooting the 180's. If anyone wants a discount code to try out some blue bullets PM me and ill hook you up.

thebluebullets.com

Too bad some blue bullet shooters like to bad mouth other brands. I won't buy them. BBI supports so many matches and shooters. Great bullets, great prices, and Chandler is top notch.

45 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Too bad some blue bullet shooters like to bad mouth other brands. I won't buy them. BBI supports so many matches and shooters. Great bullets, great prices, and Chandler is top notch.

I'd like info on this, and the source considering I've heard it the other way around. 

And I shoot Blues with no troubles after 10k rounds + (And I have heard no bad mouthing in this timeframe either...just saying)

It's funny you mention that.  I've heard it too. I asked the owner about the bad blood one day, he said he doesn't even know chandler, let alone have any bad feelings towards him. They both make good products, both support the shooting sports, just because they're competitors doesn't mean they have to dislike each other. He doesn't know where/how this got started, because it wasn't by him.

3 hours ago, Vanniek71 said:

I'd like info on this, and the source considering I've heard it the other way around. 

And I shoot Blues with no troubles after 10k rounds + (And I have heard no bad mouthing in this timeframe either...just saying)

Facebook

Ibejiheads...no color residue on my hands whenever I load. I'm currently using their 145 gr RN in 9mm and have used their 124 gr, 135 gr, 147 gr in 9mm, 180 gr and 200 gr for 40, 230 gr for 45. 

I've used other coated brands before but I'm using Ibejiheads exclusively at the moment.

Bayou

Cause when everything went crazy four or five years ago and no one had bullets, Donnie/Bayou got me a case so I could keep shooting. Everyone else I called said I had to go on the waiting list.

Plus Bayou's shoot great for me

That said, I've used SnS, BBI, Blue, Black and Blue, and a few others and never had a problem with any.

Don't like the new 147 NLG mold as in my guns it has to be load a lot shorter, so I stick with the old style lube grove in the 147 9mm bullet.

I appreciate all these guys for keeping us supplied and sponsoring matches