Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz po7 vs glock 19

I think the biggest difference is striker fired vs. DA/SA and what you feel more comfortable with. Both overall are close in size and weigh with a nod to the Clock 19 being a little smaller and lighter, but with the right holster and belt nothing as significant as trigger type. As far as holsters, mag pouches, sights, magazines and other spare parts the Clock wins that hands down.  Still think trigger type is the most important though.

Da/sa trigger doesn't bother me. I recently got a SP01 from CGW.  The trigger is not a problem if they do the work. To be honest I have shot 19 but never head an opportunity to play with  po7.

Can't find anyone who has one.

Edited by 1911vm

I have both, although my CZ is the older Duty model, and the 19 is a Gen 4. 

• Depending on how you carry, you may find that the grip is a bit rough on the CZ.
  • Personally I find the grip a bit narrow on the CZ, although I shoot it just fine. 
  • The CZ is more accurate in my hands than the Glock. 
  • Magazines for the CZ is double the price of the Glock, if that matters to you.
  • I find the slide on the CZ harder to manipulate.
  • From what I have seen, the CZ is more prone to "limp wristing" failures.
  • On my CZ, unless I hit the magazine release just right, I can get magazines to hang up. CZ actually replaced a bunch of my older mags for this issue, and it is much better now.

After trying a lot of carry guns, including the P07 and three previous Glocks, I now carry a 4th generation G19 for CCW and duty use. I have to admit that my P07 was a Duty version, and a lemon to boot (broken safety, very long reset, horrible DA pull).

Compared to the P07, the Glock 19 is thinner, has a shorter reset, has no obligatory beavertail (think of groin holster carry), has more customization options (mine has an Apex trigger, Ghost connector and Trijcon sights) and more holsters available.

That said, the comparison is fair, your mileage may vary and either gun will get the job done.

I have both.   The Glock is a Gen 3.    Shoots great.   I grip too high on the draw to want to draw in a hurry.   Nod to CZ for accuracy and grip feel also.   A gen 4 Glock might push me the other way.   Truth in advertising, I compete with a Shadow.   DA triggers are not a problem.  

I will be honest I really wished that everyone would have said go for CZ . I have a love hate relationship with glocks.  As a tool , mechanically  A+. 

As far as ergonomics  how it looks  and for me shootabilaty F. 

It got to a point that I  started rebuilding glocks. Built 17 and a 30 for my self. And friends  loved it so I did a bunch for them . But the the law changed so now I would need an ffl.  

So cz feel  great without any work.  

Will test  both on Sunday 

Edited by 1911vm

• 4 weeks later...

Technically I think the CZ grip is thinner than a Glock. Granted it's only about a tenth of an inch, but still.

I like both. You should check out Military Arms Channel on YouTube and see why he switched to AIWB carrying a CZ. It makes sense.

I think I am going to go in direction of a czp07 for now. shooting them side by side was nice CZ.  just points and feels great in my hands. this is what I had to do to make my 30 comfortable . It now points like and has a grip angel of an 1911. I did the same to my 17. and just wanted a gun that I do not need to put 6 hours and additional $ 175 in to LOL

IMG_20150429_172049_198.jpg

Edited by 1911vm

• 1 month later...

Well I guess things change .  got a great deal on 19 gen4 with HD sights .   going to do a grip reduction.   at the same time kind of looking forward to see what the new cz p10 it's going to be like next year

• 6 months later...
Well I guess things change .  got a great deal on 19 gen4 with HD sights .   going to do a grip reduction.   at the same time kind of looking forward to see what the new cz p10 it's going to be like next year

I'm thinking you'll love the P10C.

I adore mine.

My biggest gripe is the sights... Please, SOMEONE, make a set of sights where the front post is taller than 5.5mm. Hopefully Trijicon will make a very nice set of HD-XR sights for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I still do not have the P10c . Need 10 round mags. But ended up getting a p01 safety model  out of CZ custom.  And absolutely  love it.  

I'm new to the brand and they have a lot of models. The P-01 is one that I adore. I've been looking (casually) at the P-07 as I'd like to have a decent DA/SA pistol that could double duty as a defensive pistol, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk