Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag storage

boudreux

• 1 year later...

I store mags in the flat fishing tackle boxes that have the little dividers that slide out. I have 8 or 9 for different guns stacked on the bottom shelf of my bench. Match day, they come out of the box & go in my shooting bag. The cloth pouches that hold 8 from Midway are ok, but don't stack well if you have several guns' mags to store, & the strap gets in the way. 

https://www.amazon.com/FIXXXER-LARGE-Magazine-magazines-Magazines/dp/B074N45SS8/ref=sr_1_6?s=hunting-fishing&ie=UTF8&qid=1510361662&sr=1-6&keywords=magazine+pouch&dpID=41tR3PMKdzL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Holds ten. Just curious, why do you need ten mags at a match (I'm assuming a match, if not, nevermind), I use two 4 mag holders cause I like the way they fit in the bag better than the super long 8 mag pouch.

1 hour ago, robertg5322 said:

https://www.amazon.com/FIXXXER-LARGE-Magazine-magazines-Magazines/dp/B074N45SS8/ref=sr_1_6?s=hunting-fishing&ie=UTF8&qid=1510361662&sr=1-6&keywords=magazine+pouch&dpID=41tR3PMKdzL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Holds ten. Just curious, why do you need ten mags at a match (I'm assuming a match, if not, nevermind), I use two 4 mag holders cause I like the way they fit in the bag better than the super long 8 mag pouch.

I take 18 mags for the Glock 34, 20 or so for the 1911 so that I can shoot the match and not have to worry about charging mags.  More time to patch.

14 hours ago, RePete said:

I take 18 mags for the Glock 34, 20 or so for the 1911 so that I can shoot the match and not have to worry about charging mags.  More time to patch.

Makes sense. Someone should make a roll-up pouch for this purpose. Sort of like the old-timey tool wraps.

Edited by robertg5322