Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Sight Height for zero @ 20-25 yards shooting 147gr?

hav3n

Hi,

I was shooting a stage that had a target at ~20 yards that was partially obscured (hard cover) diagonally and while aiming for the top right 'shoulder' area of the target I ended up 'mike'ing the entire target above the right shoulder. I knew this was an issue but it has never stared me in the face like this.

It completely trashed my run that night and I'm done with it. 

I shoot 147s out of a Glock 34 and want to get a front sight from Dawson that is zero'd at 20~25 yards. Does anyone know this height?

Stock barrel

147gr plated

Thanks.

A good start is with a  .245 front Sight..   I put a .245 height on all mine and start from there. Most of my Glocks the .245 was perfect but I have a few that have .255 and even a G17 with a KKM Barrel that has a .265  I like mine to shoot anywhere from a  1/2" to 1" High. I try to set my windage for dead nuts center but if it shoots a tad right I leave it, if it shoots left, i bump it til it's where i want it.  I Test mine off hand @ 18 to 20 Yards and Bench it @ 20 Yards. 

Edited by bigtimelarry

5 hours ago, bigtimelarry said:

A good start is with a  .245 front Sight..   I put a .245 height on all mine and start from there. Most of my Glocks the .245 was perfect but I have a few that have .255 and even a G17 with a KKM Barrel that has a .265  I like mine to shoot anywhere from a  1/2" to 1" High. I try to set my windage for dead nuts center but if it shoots a tad right I leave it, if it shoots left, i bump it til it's where i want it.  I Test mine off hand @ 18 to 20 Yards and Bench it @ 20 Yards. 

Thanks Larry. A great info and great approach to it overall.

5 hours ago, MNshooter said:

.245 works for me with 147s. Confirmed yesterday.

What is the height of your current set-up?

You know... it's been so long I don't even know any more. I'll have to go home and try to use the Calipers on it or find my order history with Zev/Dawson.

• 2 months later...

Using the exact same sns 147g minor loads I have had to use .245-.265 front sights. On all glock 34 gen 4 with same rear sight. Each glock is a little different and whenever I get a new one or change loads I take them to the range and sight them in. If high or low of aiming point I use the Dawson sight calculator as mentioned and buy the appropriate sight as a front sight is less than one trip to the range worth of ammo.