Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Its ready!

Finally got everything put together for my PCC. Time to get out and shoot this thing now!

New Frontier Glock Lower
Matrix Side charging Upper
ACE stock (had it laying around)
JP Spring
Kaw Valley 7.5oz buffer
Geissele 3-gun trigger (had it laying around)
Kaw Valley 9mm bolt
Kaw Valley 16" barrel
Kaw Valley 15" Konza handguard
YHM Flash Suppressor
C-More Railway 8 MOA dot

I think that's the list. Might need to get a spacer put under the C-more but it'll work as it is for the final match of the year soon. I like the way it came out, hope it shoots!

20161005_131750_zpsfdj2idjf.jpg

46 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I'm interested to hear how the trigger works as I have the same one but have heard they won't reset. 

Haven't had a problem in some dryfire, but live fire could be a different story. 

Palmetto State lower made by new frontier, matrix arms upper, kaw valley 15 inch konza rail, JP comp, missions first tactical stock, jp scs buffer system. I started with a spinta precision bolt and kaw valley 7.5 ounce buffer. I had an issue with the spinta bolt, while it was being replaced I bought the JP bolt and scs system to try out. The spinta bolt and kaw valley buffer will go into my next 9mm build. 

In case anyone is interested I have a JP bolt, Spinta bolt and now a Kaw Valley bolt. They are all quality in my opinion. I would probably stick with Spinta or Kaw, not sure the JP is worth the cost. Side by side the Kaw and Spinta look identical. The JP is very close as well. And obviously JP quality but they all seem to work, the melonite finish on the Kaw and Spinta is superior. 

On 10/7/2016 at 0:10 PM, pfcchambers said:

Palmetto State lower made by new frontier, matrix arms upper, kaw valley 15 inch konza rail, JP comp, missions first tactical stock, jp scs buffer system. I started with a spinta precision bolt and kaw valley 7.5 ounce buffer. I had an issue with the spinta bolt, while it was being replaced I bought the JP bolt and scs system to try out. The spinta bolt and kaw valley buffer will go into my next 9mm build. 

In case anyone is interested I have a JP bolt, Spinta bolt and now a Kaw Valley bolt. They are all quality in my opinion. I would probably stick with Spinta or Kaw, not sure the JP is worth the cost. Side by side the Kaw and Spinta look identical. The JP is very close as well. And obviously JP quality but they all seem to work, the melonite finish on the Kaw and Spinta is superior. 

Does the JP SCS work with the Spinta/KVP bolt? If so, is it worth the money over a traditional buffer and spring?

If I was to remove the logo from the Kaw Valley bolt, I would be unable to tell the differnce between it and the Spinta Precision. They both in order to use the JP SCS must have there rear weighted piece removed. Just a roll pin and your good to use the JP kit. I'm currently still testing between the JP SCS vs the Kaw valley pistol caliber buffer kit. 

Right now I am slightly leaning towards the JP scs spring. It just feels smoother shooting and really quiets up the action. The traditional buffer was very springy sounding. But as far as actual performance it's a close call. 

I'm not very techy, but I will try to get some pics of all 3 bolts side by side. Right now the cheapest option the Spinta is probably the one I would buy now having all 3. Simply do to cost. 

3 hours ago, TXMXRACER said:

Chambers--we need to talk. I have been trying to get mine built.  Get with me sometime

shane

Just saw there is no 3-gun with TXMG this Saturday. I plan on shooting this weekend. Waco I believe is still not doing USPSA due to their berm situation. I guess I might have to drive a bit further for a match on Saturday. 

Edited by pfcchambers