Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any interest in a dry-fire YouTube Video?

Avedis

As the title states, any interest in dry-fire YouTube Video?

Today I started making some common targets and rendering them into an indoor shooting range backdrop. I intended to use this to dry-fire and thought you guys might be interested in it. 

Initially I was planning on pausing the video on a certain target, then using my PACT timer to do the drill. I also thought about adding the buzzer into the video itself, then leaving the target set up for about 4 seconds.

Watch below to see a first draft, the video is playing through the YouTube app on my smart TV. If you guys have any targets, distances, or features you'd like to see, let me know. One thing I won't be doing is animation, solely based on the amount of time it would take me to make. If it's something you would be interested in, let me know.

https://youtu.be/o8ZgdNiq3lE

20161006_201419 copy_zpsxcfujxtf.jpg

Edited by Avedis

This is a pretty neat idea. As long a you have a decent sized screen it should work well for single array stuff. I think your main limitation is going to be space between targets. How complex can you get with the target set up? Is something like CM 13-01 Disaster Factor easily doable?

• 2 weeks later...

I like it!  integrate the buzzer, range commands, and different arrays.  I think you're on to something.  you can definitely setup and pause then use your phone or timer as well.

some guys were showing me videos on instagram that play on repeat of range commands, buzzers, and par times.