Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Tundra TRD PRO

RangerTrace

After two years of driving a little BMW SUV to help my wife out of a deal, I'm finally back in a pick-up.  I've wanted one of these for over a year.....I went with Toyota this time because other than poor gas mileage, I've not heard a single bad thing about them. It may not be the "nicest" truck I've ever owned, but it's definitely the coolest.   

IMG_2853 (1).jpg

40 minutes ago, JFoley001 said:

Getting 15.5 mpg in my 5.7L '11 currently. You cant have rip-down-the-barn power without a little sacrifice. Ive yet to see a 4x4 the 5.7 wont smoke.

I disagree. Most guys that are into trucks around here are making over 500 horse and getting 25+ mpg. And that's ranging from 30 year old to brand new trucks. But then again, they are all powered by the right kind of fuel.

Very true. I had a 2000 tundra when they first came out. Bad mileage in town. But a really nice truck. 

If Dodge could make their old inline 6 Cummings diesel quiet with a little more factory horsepower, and the rest of the truck be as reliable as a Tacoma, it'd be the last truck you'd have to buy. 

15 minutes ago, JD45 said:

Very true. I had a 2000 tundra when they first came out. Bad mileage in town. But a really nice truck. 

If Dodge could make their old inline 6 Cummings diesel quiet with a little more factory horsepower, and the rest of the truck be as reliable as a Tacoma, it'd be the last truck you'd have to buy. 

The pre common rail Cummins is probably the finest pick up truck motor in existence. The Dodge Rams that housed them are easily the best and biggest paperweights ever made. Until they rust apart, then the paper all blows away.

Edited by TonytheTiger

10 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

I disagree. Most guys that are into trucks around here are making over 500 horse and getting 25+ mpg. And that's ranging from 30 year old to brand new trucks. But then again, they are all powered by the right kind of fuel.

I wont start down this road! It never ends.

On October 7, 2016 at 9:46 PM, TonytheTiger said:

Yeah, but I wanted the baddest looking truck I could get, with the factory warranty still intact.   I'm guessing the 500 horse trucks you are speaking of are chipped diesels....