Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS 2 scope ?

cecil

I am in the market for a scope for a 9mm carbine... thinking about the RTS2 scope... how are these holding up... ?  I did a search but did not find what I was looking for...

tia

1 hour ago, cecil said:

I am in the market for a scope for a 9mm carbine... thinking about the RTS2 scope... how are these holding up... ?  I did a search but did not find what I was looking for...

tia

You couldn't have searched too hard! :)

Very problematic. There will be those who swear they are having no issues with the RTS2, but all but a few of the guys I know have dumped them and gone back to the slide ride.

put a rail mount slide ride on the carbine if you want worry free shooting

Or go Delatpoint Pro. I will have one on my open gun being built. I have heard nothing but good things from the people who have tried them on here so Im giving it a shot. Buying a RTS2 new vs Deltapoint pro isnt much of a difference. I think 50$ difference between the two.

The RTS2 version 4 board seems to have fixed the problems (which should have been solved before release). I have had 0 issues with mine. Several open shooters locally have had 0 problems with theirs (since the V4 boards). The issue was the battery losing contact during heavy recoil (i.e. open pistols) so the sight would turn off. If the battery loses contact (for any reason) on the new boards, it turns back on at the same brightness setting. This is also how you can check if your RTS2 is V4, turn it on, pull the battery tray, reinsert battery tray. If the sight is back on you have a v4 board. 

That being said, the DPP is a viable option and there are several people using sliderides in PCC. If I had been an early adopter of the RTS2 before the v4 boards, I am sure I would have a bad taste in my mouth as many people have with them. 

2 hours ago, Shmella said:

Or go Delatpoint Pro. I will have one on my open gun being built. I have heard nothing but good things from the people who have tried them on here so Im giving it a shot. Buying a RTS2 new vs Deltapoint pro isnt much of a difference. I think 50$ difference between the two.

That's good to know. I thought the Delta point pros were much more expensive.

thsnks!

51 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

The new RTS2's are working fine, despite what the haters would lead you to believe. Lots of guys locally are switching to them, with no issues

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hater? I want an RTS 2 so bad, but I'll need a solid year of positive results before getting one.

Wow!  Where are you finding the DP at that kind of price?  I'm seeing RTS2 at $389 and DPP at $530, at best (plus mount).  Or is this deal only when you buy a new custom-made gun?

Wow!  Where are you finding the DP at that kind of price?  I'm seeing RTS2 at $389 and DPP at $530, at best (plus mount).  Or is this deal only when you buy a new custom-made gun?

Yea, I'm with you. Cheapest I have seen anywhere for a DPP is 570. I bought my RTS2 for 380 bucks with prime shipping.

Hater? I want an RTS 2 so bad, but I'll need a solid year of positive results before getting one.

Not just you, lots of people are haters. Mine has been getting nearly daily dry fire, and has probably 3000 rounds on it since I got it in June. And it is just as bright as the day I got it on the same battery.

I sent mine back for the v4 revision since it started cutting off at the Tennessee sectional last month, they just dropped it in the mail today after having it about a week. I had about 4k rounds on it before the cutting off problem. Also the tensioning screw which is the one on the right side rear worked itself loose during the match and was lost so they replaced it as well. Love the sight over the standard Cmore hopefully it will be reliable now.

Well I saw a price of the rts2 at a couple places for 420$ ish and I got my dpp for 475$ shipped. Close but if you're getting an rts2 for under 400 then yea I was off on my estimate there lol. I still think it's worth it based on the hit or miss response on the rts2 vs the deltapoint pro where I have yet to read a dpp died on an open gun. Probably has and does happen but from what I've read it seems be far less often. I guess I'll find out the truth about my assumption soon enough once the build is complete. 

I used to have a RTS2 got it brand new but then this thing started acting weird. just turn off in the mid of a match.sent it to C-MORE and they change the board to v4 but never tried it again.  now I'm using Delta point pro. if your buying one. make sure it has a V4 board.

Well I saw a price of the rts2 at a couple places for 420$ ish and I got my dpp for 475$ shipped. Close but if you're getting an rts2 for under 400 then yea I was off on my estimate there lol. I still think it's worth it based on the hit or miss response on the rts2 vs the deltapoint pro where I have yet to read a dpp died on an open gun. Probably has and does happen but from what I've read it seems be far less often. I guess I'll find out the truth about my assumption soon enough once the build is complete. 

That is a full hundred dollars cheaper than I have seen for a DPP, anywhere. Where did you get it?

Just now, Gooldylocks said:

That is a full hundred dollars cheaper than I have seen for a DPP, anywhere. Where did you get it?

I got mine off of gunbroker. A seller had over 20 when I bought it. It arrived new in the package. Also someone on here mentioned that with a coupon code for optics planet the price would be the same 475$ shipped. 

13 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

Huh wow that is pretty impressive. Not a bad price for one of those!

I was pretty happy to find one new reasonably priced compared to what their MSRP is. I'm kinda going all out on this open project and wanted to have no regrets on this one. I originally was going with an RTS2 but the What ifs got to me and I chose to spend a little more and hopped on the Deltapoint band wagon. The RTS2 is probably great but I have an addiction to spending money....

I have purchased two DPP from Optics Planet for $460.  You have to call or online chat and ask if they will sell at that price.

My RTS2 v3 had problems and I had it updated to v4.  It probably would be fine using v4 but after using the DPP I would never use the RTS2.  It is hard to explain without seeing both at the same time but there is a definite difference in the glass quality.  The RTS2 seems to have a slight magnification effect and/or shifts image if you look thru glass from an angle.

DPP is also a much nicer system for battery replacement and zero adjustments are great with a flat head screwdriver and no lock set screw.

Left DP   ---  Center DPP   -----   Right RTS2 (notice the verticle shift  :()

20160524_121847 (1).jpg

Edited by andersonj55126

You either make the leap and go for it or don't.  I ran an v3 all year, it just went out last week after about 13k rounds or so.  I slapped on my other v3 backup RTS2 and will run it until the v3 gets back from update to v4 and then send the backup v3 off for v4.  Like any other piece of equipment I wouldn't run it anywhere important without a spare replacement or entire spare backup gun.  

Given that when fully operational the RTS2 is much better to shoot than the traditional slideride the only downside so far is reliability.  The downside to the DPP, imo, is the amount of bulk in your view, just not as clean and minimalistic as the RTS2.  You gotta make your own call unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...