Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power Q100

30 minutes ago, Absocold said:

Maybe it's past my bedtime but I don't see the attraction of the Q100 striker over the K100 hammer. Someone help me out.

Same trigger pull every time.  Yes, I own a K100, but I shoot a striker fired gun in USPSA.

On 10/15/2016 at 6:07 PM, rumblestrip said:

The other side of that argument is does Grand Power have an agreement with someone with the same reach as Ben Stoeger shooting it.

This decision lies mostly on the shoulders of the importer. Grand Power is a still a smallish outfit.

Not been around long enough, still struggling to find a market in the US. Very small group of die hard afficionados (I've been one of them since the days of the STI GP6).

Q100 is designed to be a cop gun. I think some believe that a safe action is better for 3 Gun due to not having to engage the safety as with a hammer gun before abandonment. But... methinks they should work more on the shotgun reloading part than try to save a 1/4 of a second with that type of gaming.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2016 at 10:41 PM, rumblestrip said:

Same trigger pull every time.  Yes, I own a K100, but I shoot a striker fired gun in USPSA.

I don't shoot USPSA, so I may be making a stupid comment, but doesn't cocked and locked in the holster give you the same pull every time? Unless there is a malfunction and even then you either restrike in DA mode or tap-rack-bang in single action mode still. So really the same trigger pull every time unless you choose not to.

30 minutes ago, mig1 said:

I don't shoot USPSA, so I may be making a stupid comment, but doesn't cocked and locked in the holster give you the same pull every time? Unless there is a malfunction and even then you either restrike in DA mode or tap-rack-bang in single action mode still. So really the same trigger pull every time unless you choose not to.

In Production division, which is where this gun would fit in best, with the first shot from the holster, the gun has to be fully hammer down, so the first shot is double action.

• 2 weeks later...

This waiting is killing me , can't get staright a sewer for Eagleimports and q100 is on back order everywhere. 

Had a chat with GP owner on FB and even he was surprised why aren't GP guns pushed little more. How come you can't find them in Gunstores ...

Anybody got any info on them ?..

Current versions are here: http://grandpower.eu

The GP6 was basically the K100 first version that I was aware of in the United States, back in 2006 I think. The Mk7 was introduced in 2007 with the K100 and P1 semi compact. Then in 2012 they introduced the Mk12 line.

Each had a different importer, from STI, to Century, and now Eagle.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The GP6 appeared circa 2010. It sold poorly and had issues. But it was actually a rebranding of the K100 Mk6 by STI. They also sold the P1 as the GP5.

Note that the K100, P1 and X-Calibur all has the same lower, with some changes in the trigger assembly.

32 minutes ago, valerko said:

Still , doesn't help me with getting q100.  Lol

Ordered P1 to hold me off in mean time. :):)

Good choice. P1 Mk7 is my carry / bed side table gun.

The P11 is probably the best sub compact 9mm, by far.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2016 at 1:24 PM, NicVerAZ said:

The P11 is probably the best sub compact 9mm, by far.

Typo? Compact, yes. Sub-compact, not really. A quibble to be sure but true sub-compacts (PF9, PPS, Shield, LC9, etc.) are over an inch shorter and a half inch thinner. They make the P11 look obese.

What's really amazing is that the days of small auto pistols being either hideously expensive or complete junk are gone. There are tons of affordable options these days, each better than the last. Anyone want to buy a Jennings .25ACP circa 1987? Only dropped once! Just kidding, my door stop is not for sale.

Good choice. I just wish they would import the K100 Whisper and find a local manufacturer for their QD can. I'm sure Eagle Imports could help them find a partner.

Remember the Glock 19 is called a "compact". As was the USPc. It seems compact is generally used by manufacturers to refer to something just slightly smaller than full service size

Subcompact is like the next size down. So if you think of the K100 as full size, P1 as compact, and P11 as subcompact. (ie. G17 vs G19 vs G26).

The new age of single stack subcompacts are basically a different class of gun IMHO.

I getcha. But what do we call them?

Should be: Full size > Mid-size > Compact > Sub-compact

What we have: Full size > Compact > Sub-compact > ???

We need a name for the 3" barreled single stack 9mm's. I suppose they get lumped in with BUG's (back up gun) but I wish there was a better label to distinguish them.

P11 is definitely not sub compact. Just about same size as CZ P07 ,with grip tad shorter. I spoke to owner of GP in Slovakia and even he's frustrated that GP is not on lot more shelves of Gunstores in US. 

My understanding is that importer just brings the guns to states and wholesalers push them to stores .He couldn't tell me why I can't get my hands on Q100. When I call EI they keep feeding me BS about ordering gun at one of the wholesalers , mean time all of them are out of stock. 

Have no idea what gives and it's frustrating.  On the other hand it only take few days to get P11. Took lot longer for state of NY actually allowing me to pick it up.