Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much case mouth flare for bbi

Bullets

May be different for you probably aren't using the same dies. Just giving you a starting point. Works for me try it out and see what works for you. No magic numbers in reloading just trial and error.

I have found that using a Mr. Bulletfeeder powder funnel/expander in Dillon presses, or the PTX funnel/expander in Hornady presses gives the best results.  They are two step expanders designed for auto bullet feeding and work perfectly for everything.  If you don't have a bullet feeder, you only need the slightest bell on the case mouth.  The bullet can be manually inserted INTO the case.  It is vertical and you cannot shave lead or poly when seating.  If you are using a bullet feeder, set the bell according to the instructions for your feeder dies.

I have found that using a Mr. Bulletfeeder powder funnel/expander in Dillon presses, or the PTX funnel/expander in Hornady presses gives the best results.  They are two step expanders designed for auto bullet feeding and work perfectly for everything.  If you don't have a bullet feeder, you only need the slightest bell on the case mouth.  The bullet can be manually inserted INTO the case.  It is vertical and you cannot shave lead or poly when seating.  If you are using a bullet feeder, set the bell according to the instructions for your feeder dies.

• 2 weeks later...