Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 USPSA Open/L10 Nationals weather issues

BJinPass

The plan I heard this afternoon was that everyone shows up at 7:30am, and shoots their ass off. We take Friday off. On Saturday the staff picks up the remnants of the stages out of the orange groves sets up the stages again, and we shoot everything that is left. After that beer, food, music, awards, and prizes.

Just got home from limited nationals...i sure hope everything works out for the open guys...some awesome stages setup...would hate to hear they got moved to the orange groves! Except stage 22....no one would be upset if that one got "moved" 

Just winding down from a long ass day. We changed over the stages pretty much as planned. Made some modifications to some Max Traps and other movers we thought would give us trouble in the weather. Worked long on squadding changes with those we know aren't coming, have a ton of contingencies on scheduling based on listening to the people that have no idea what they are talking about on the news. We are as prepared as I think we can be and plan for an exciting match that will forever be talked about. Hope everyone has a good match, I'm hitting the rack......early start. 

11 minutes ago, SmittyFL said:

Just winding down from a long ass day. We changed over the stages pretty much as planned. Made some modifications to some Max Traps and other movers we thought would give us trouble in the weather. Worked long on squadding changes with those we know aren't coming, have a ton of contingencies on scheduling based on listening to the people that have no idea what they are talking about on the news. We are as prepared as I think we can be and plan for an exciting match that will forever be talked about. Hope everyone has a good match, I'm hitting the rack......early start. 

Good luck the next few days!

The coast is being battered not inland. the winds here are no more than the windstorms in Washington state. Nothing is being blown over here in Frostproof / Avon Park / Sebring. Can't wait to finish the match on Saturday, another long 10 stage day.