Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New joy from Tanfo

slavex

Grabbed one of these for the unicorn (Stock II) in my vault back home. As far as I know this is a brand new item (maybe I missed a post).

20161004_000033.jpg

20161004_000042.jpg

Got it from Eric at the Tanfo booth at European Champs in Eger, Hungary. Flush left side safety for the Stock II and III. No right side at all as they couldn't shave it down enough and have it pinned to the leg. Pretty cool.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, slavex said:

it's a factory part sold by factory guys at the match, so it is legal

Not quite that simple. Needs to come from the factory on a production legal gun to be legal.

If that is the USPSA rule that's different than IPSC, for IPSC it's a legal part as it's from the factory, simple. 

There has been a lot of demand for this part as a lot of PD shooters like to get a really high grip on the gun with their support hand and you can't do that with paddle safeties, you end up pushing them up and on.

?? Why?

I prefer to ride the safety with my thumb, on top pushing the safety down with an even higher grip!

1 hour ago, slavex said:

If that is the USPSA rule that's different than IPSC, for IPSC it's a legal part as it's from the factory, simple. 

There has been a lot of demand for this part as a lot of PD shooters like to get a really high grip on the gun with their support hand and you can't do that with paddle safeties, you end up pushing them up and on.

2 hours ago, aceinyerface said:

The unofficial official ruling on factory Tanfo parts is- since Tanfoglio will build the gun to your specs (although the US distributor won't allow you to) at the factory, they are all legal. 

iPsc rule I'm assuming? Don't think that would be the case in uspsa.

Interesting. Not going to read 9 pages. I just assumed the rules applied still. Haven't heard this safety has come on a production legal gun out of the factory. If it has already then sure it's legal.

Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OFM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers. 

200 a piece would be ridiculous. I'm just trying to outfit a friends gun with them. I like riding the safety like pretty much all 1911 shooters. But he doesn't. So these are right up his alley... Let us know what grauffel says about them. And put me down for 2 if they need numbers.

I paid 40€ for the one pictured above. And, I was mistaken, while Eric was at the booth, it was actually Tanfoglio's booth. I believe it was Christopher Tanfoglio I got it from (not 100% sure on the first name). So definitely a factory part. 

Did they say if they were going to make it available on the website or anything? They aren't even listed on Grauffel or Tanfoglio's webstie. I'll hit up EAA and see if we can get some.

Slavex... Could you get a part number for me off the packaging please?

Edited by ryridesmotox

no part number on the bag, sorry. just a Tanfoglio bag. They did say they'd be on the website this week or next though, but I'm not sure who's website they meant, Tanfo or Eric's. But if you email Eric I am sure he can find out for you. It's simply a black, left side, flat safety. Makes my Stock II a much nicer gun to hold onto. Now I just need a similar slidestop..