Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arredondo speedloader push technique

Trying to learn the right way. Is it really that hard n heavy to push to load? If I pause just a bit itwill choke or jam. Im often forced to pause due to the strong force it needs to be pushed and maintained thru out the loading process. I replaced the small orange stopper in the tube to a "light" version. Im using a 6 shot tube on a Win. SX3. 

Edited by BoyGlock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally. After lots of diligent practice, confident enough to learning to be smooth and start speeding up. Shotgun reload is cumbersome bcoz of its size and weight but the process is not so difficult to learn. 

And yes the force to push the shells out of the speed loader is something to experiment and learn. But in just one practice session I learned to do it with 95% success. 

Im right handed and hold the loader with my left with the gun in my right, up and tilted a bit with the loading port facing my left. The shells pushed upwards towards the port. It looks more like pistol reloads. Recently I saw some 3gunners locally doing it quite the opposite, with their support hand holding the gun down and turning the gun belly up to receive the shells being pushed down by the dominant hand. The gun is positioned below his belt. This also needs to wear gloves in the support hand to hold a hot barrel. But think this is lighter to push the shells down as they go along with gravity. Havent tried it yet. But Im leaning on my initial style as I dont want to wear gloves. Besides it has lesser movements.